Jump to content


Idea


  • Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 trevor

trevor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:21 PM

Henrik, though you all may be working on this very thing, I had an idea in regards to the midi thing.A lot of us already have incorporated the Fishman Tripleplay into our rigs, what would be very useful is if there were an aftermarket chip, even if we had to solder it in, ( kind of like Graphtech has an pseudo-acoustic add on to it's ghost systems) that would allow us to use the auto-tuned outs into Fishman and GK converters, so we have the added benefit of our synth sounds remaining in tune, as anyone knows midi guitar is not as forgiving of as many cents off as ATG is.
I hope that made some sense.

#2 Tinine

Tinine

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2015 - 06:13 PM

PMJI, I have followed the Triple-Play since it was first announced but never took the plunge. I have since been looking at Jam Origin's software alternative. The links to their site appear to be down at the time of making this post. Anyone here tried this product?

Cheers!

Tinine

#3 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 28 December 2015 - 05:14 PM

View Posttrevor, on 24 December 2015 - 10:21 PM, said:

Henrik, though you all may be working on this very thing, I had an idea in regards to the midi thing.A lot of us already have incorporated the Fishman Tripleplay into our rigs, what would be very useful is if there were an aftermarket chip, even if we had to solder it in, ( kind of like Graphtech has an pseudo-acoustic add on to it's ghost systems) that would allow us to use the auto-tuned outs into Fishman and GK converters, so we have the added benefit of our synth sounds remaining in tune, as anyone knows midi guitar is not as forgiving of as many cents off as ATG is.
I hope that made some sense.
Hey Trevor,

We are currently exploring the possibilities of adding MIDI out to the ATG technology.  As you say, MIDI guitar is not forgiving and has to be done right!

#4 trevor

trevor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 December 2015 - 03:56 PM

View PostHenrik, on 28 December 2015 - 05:14 PM, said:

Hey Trevor,

We are currently exploring the possibilities of adding MIDI out to the ATG technology.  As you say, MIDI guitar is not forgiving and has to be done right!
I understand that, but what I'm talking about is the perfected tuned outs of the ATG boards into other converters.No offense, you're going to have a real hard time besting the Fishman, I've had almost every midi-guitar system that's come out since the late 90's there are plenty that feel as fast as the Fishman (Limex BGM1 is very close to AXON) but what the Fishman has improved on is adjusting for the natural slop that comes with touching strings with fingers instead of mallets, it's not so much faster, as cleaner.I think you'd be wasting time/money trying to compete with it, BUT if you made say a pigtailed hex-pickup jack, where people could plug into an ATG board, then use their outboard converter, you'd have something.I'm not good at explaining what's in my mind so I hope it makes a bit of  sense, an add-on to your system, that uses other brands exsisting converters, you'd make money in the midi realm, we could use ATG with our MIDI stuff, but you need not make a converter yourselves.

#5 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 30 December 2015 - 05:32 PM

View Posttrevor, on 30 December 2015 - 03:56 PM, said:

I understand that, but what I'm talking about is the perfected tuned outs of the ATG boards into other converters.No offense, you're going to have a real hard time besting the Fishman, I've had almost every midi-guitar system that's come out since the late 90's there are plenty that feel as fast as the Fishman (Limex BGM1 is very close to AXON) but what the Fishman has improved on is adjusting for the natural slop that comes with touching strings with fingers instead of mallets, it's not so much faster, as cleaner.I think you'd be wasting time/money trying to compete with it, BUT if you made say a pigtailed hex-pickup jack, where people could plug into an ATG board, then use their outboard converter, you'd have something.I'm not good at explaining what's in my mind so I hope it makes a bit of  sense, an add-on to your system, that uses other brands exsisting converters, you'd make money in the midi realm, we could use ATG with our MIDI stuff, but you need not make a converter yourselves.

In order to have the output signal processed by the ATG DSP and sent to another MIDI device they way you describe, you would need six additional A/D-D/A converters.  The sound of each pitch corrected string would have to come from somewhere, hence the additional converters.  This would needless to say be quite expensive.

#6 trevor

trevor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 31 December 2015 - 03:51 PM

Thanks for the clarification.I'm a typical oldschool American, big ideas, but little knowledge on what it would take to implement.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users