Jump to content


MIDI port selction for AT200 Apps


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

I don't get it.  Why are you people being so GD stubborn about letting us select the MIDI port our AT200s are connected to?

Once again this brain-dead POS is requiring me to jump thru hoops to get connected.

Is it an official anteres goal to pizz off customers?  To torture us with BS stubbornness?

GIVE US THE ABILITY TO SELECT THE PORT FOR THE AT200!!  HOW HARD CAN IT REALLY BE?  I'M SICK OF THIS THING LOCKING UP ON PORTS THAT THE AT200 IS NOT CONNECTED TO.

Guess what?  Your AT200 is NOT the only MIDI device out there!
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#2 trevor

trevor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:00 AM

Not trying to touch a sore spot, but for my own future knowledge, and possibly circumvent some frustrations, tell me more about what you're doing.Are you using a PC to change pres on the AT200?I just want a heads up on what to look for.

#3 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 01:29 PM

Yes, to create/change presets and keep software up to date.

I don't use this thing every day.  It's a tool I get out on occasion when I want what it does.  The latest software bafoonery comes because I installed loopbe1.  The ATG software doesn't ignore it like it does other ports.  The software hangs on this port and won't go any further.  The ONLY way around it is to uninstall loopbe1, which requires a reboot.  This means I can't use the preset software and loopbe1 at the same time.  So I have to finish with the ATG, then reinstall loopbe1, reboot my machine again, then continue on.  This is senseless.  A lot of things present MIDI interfaces these days.  I don't think I'm too much of an exception ... here's my list:

BOSS GT-001
Zoom R24
Samson Graphite 49
Akai MPD26
Laney IRT Studio
Yamaha THR10
Tascam 16x08
LoopBe1
and finally, the MIDISport 2x2 for the ATG.

All of these things coexist happily with one another.  This is possible because they don't enumerate and probe and fondle each other.  The ATG software is the only one that does that.

It's as if presenting a list of ports to a user for selection is some sort of dark magic that only special wizards can conjure up after a century long apprenticeship.

Seriously - The AT200 is a cool guitar.  The software is cool.  However, it has become more trouble than the value to use.
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#4 trevor

trevor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:23 PM

Trippy, I'm glad I don't need the PC aspect much, I may have to mess with settings again someday, but I'm in the midi stoneage when it comes to patch changing.Thanks for the info.

#5 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 03:47 PM

No problem.  Even if I only connected to do software updates, it requires a loopbe1 uninstall-reboot-update AT200-reinstall loopbe1-reboot sequence.
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#6 trevor

trevor

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 09:35 PM

Though it may not help, my solution to the above problems is I have both a seperate PC and seperate HD for updates.I'm still in the world of XP, the ONLY places I need newer OS's is for updating AT and FTP, it's a drag, but I rarely touch stuff once I get sensitivity set.That being said, I haven't played a guitar sound in weeks since getting the FTP.It allows you (with proper technique) to play faster that you could imagine, with the sensitivity bumped it will pass signal on things your analog mag pickups will barely hear, almost a touch guitar!

#7 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 January 2016 - 10:55 PM

You have a TriplePlay too, huh?  Very cool.  I really like mine a LOT.

I have a VERY stable 8.1x64 system that I run Sonar Platinum and Reaper 5 on, among other things.  The AT200 isn't my primary.  Nowhere near it.  BUT, it does do some nice emulations, so it beats having to own all of the actual guitars.

I just get so frustrated when folks like antares come up some really cool kit, then they stubbornly stop short at "just barely good enough to get by" when it comes to the back end.

Oh well.  Live and learn.  Maybe I'll throw a set of P-Rails in the AT200 and forget about antares for a while.  Maybe check back in a year and see if they've done anything miraculous.
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#8 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:19 PM

View PostBobF, on 21 January 2016 - 02:57 PM, said:

I don't get it.  Why are you people being so GD stubborn about letting us select the MIDI port our AT200s are connected to?

Once again this brain-dead POS is requiring me to jump thru hoops to get connected.

Is it an official anteres goal to pizz off customers?  To torture us with BS stubbornness?

GIVE US THE ABILITY TO SELECT THE PORT FOR THE AT200!!  HOW HARD CAN IT REALLY BE?  I'M SICK OF THIS THING LOCKING UP ON PORTS THAT THE AT200 IS NOT CONNECTED TO.

Guess what?  Your AT200 is NOT the only MIDI device out there!

BobF,

Ok, as mentioned in previous posts on this forum, we are working on an updated ATG Software Manager which allows you to select what MIDI device you would like to use.  I will over the next couple of days test the Alpha version which was completed last week.

You wrote:  Is it an official anteres goal to pizz off customers?  To torture us with BS stubbornness?
Really BobF?

Henrik

#9 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:54 PM

Sorry.  Please accept my apology.  The port scan bit me at just the right time ... again.
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#10 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 26 January 2016 - 09:04 PM

View PostBobF, on 26 January 2016 - 08:54 PM, said:

Sorry.  Please accept my apology.  The port scan bit me at just the right time ... again.
Yes, no worries!  I do understand that this is frustrating, but we will have it ready shortly.

Thanks!

#11 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 05:53 PM

View PostHenrik, on 26 January 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

Yes, no worries!  I do understand that this is frustrating, but we will have it ready shortly.

Thanks!

Is this ready for me to test yet?  B)
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#12 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostHenrik, on 26 January 2016 - 09:04 PM, said:

Yes, no worries!  I do understand that this is frustrating, but we will have it ready shortly.

Thanks!

How is this coming along?  I can do some testing if that will help
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#13 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 14 April 2016 - 07:15 PM

View PostBobF, on 14 April 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

How is this coming along?  I can do some testing if that will help

The ATG Settings Manager is working (not released) on Windows, however, the Software Manager is still being worked on.  Please email the ATG support. Thank you!

#14 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 April 2016 - 09:33 PM

Will do
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#15 KorbenD

KorbenD

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:48 PM

Any news on the release of the updated version?  I have to disable my sound card whenever I want to use the utilities to prevent it trying to use them to connect.

Thank you!

#16 wradcliffe

wradcliffe

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

I just picked up an Peavey AT-200 at a nice price as a way to get into the autotune tech and play with it. I am trying to get the whole software update and setttings management thing under control and reliable. However I seem to have stumbled right into an update in progress. The Web based manager does not seem to be working at all on my MacMini and I was just going to go try from my PC before running across this thread. For the record I am running both a MacMini with the latest MacOS (El Capitan) and a PC with Win 7. I also have a couple of reasonably modern XP pcs that are dedicated to keeping some specific software and instruments alive. I am also using an iPhone and 2 iPads.

I have installed the dedicated apps on the Mac and they seem to function OK as long as I only use a dedicated MIDI interface connected between my MacMini and the AT-200 B breakout box. The settings manager app is working but it does not allow window resizing so the logging area is off the screen. How can not have been bug fixed by now?

Sooo -- if there is something new in the works that is going to make life better for me - please let me know.  I am in a perfect position to alpha or beta test something since I am a "new user". Right now I have managed to get as far as updating the software (at a cost of $200!) and trying to talk to the ATG via MIDI. Nothing seems to be "working" and I am screwing around with different MIDI configurations to no avail and there is no easy way to figure out what is wrong.

One final note. I am also currently testing the new version of MIDI Designer Pro (v2) and it still has the control template installed by default. I would love to see this leveraged to be able to perform both the software management and settings via Bluetooth LE!

#17 BobF

BobF

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 July 2016 - 01:33 PM

The update we're waiting for has to do with manual selection verses automatic MIDI port discovery.  It is currently automatic and works just fine unless you have a grunch of MIDI devices that don't play well with others.

There is no reason to wait to start enjoying your AT200
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#18 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 14 July 2016 - 03:34 PM

View PostKorbenD, on 06 July 2016 - 07:48 PM, said:

Any news on the release of the updated version?  I have to disable my sound card whenever I want to use the utilities to prevent it trying to use them to connect.

Thank you!

We are still working on this and I do apologize for the insane delay. Thank you!

View Postwradcliffe, on 11 July 2016 - 04:31 PM, said:

I just picked up an Peavey AT-200 at a nice price as a way to get into the autotune tech and play with it. I am trying to get the whole software update and setttings management thing under control and reliable. However I seem to have stumbled right into an update in progress. The Web based manager does not seem to be working at all on my MacMini and I was just going to go try from my PC before running across this thread. For the record I am running both a MacMini with the latest MacOS (El Capitan) and a PC with Win 7. I also have a couple of reasonably modern XP pcs that are dedicated to keeping some specific software and instruments alive. I am also using an iPhone and 2 iPads.

I have installed the dedicated apps on the Mac and they seem to function OK as long as I only use a dedicated MIDI interface connected between my MacMini and the AT-200 B breakout box. The settings manager app is working but it does not allow window resizing so the logging area is off the screen. How can not have been bug fixed by now?

Sooo -- if there is something new in the works that is going to make life better for me - please let me know.  I am in a perfect position to alpha or beta test something since I am a "new user". Right now I have managed to get as far as updating the software (at a cost of $200!) and trying to talk to the ATG via MIDI. Nothing seems to be "working" and I am screwing around with different MIDI configurations to no avail and there is no easy way to figure out what is wrong.

One final note. I am also currently testing the new version of MIDI Designer Pro (v2) and it still has the control template installed by default. I would love to see this leveraged to be able to perform both the software management and settings via Bluetooth LE!

The web based manager that we used to have for Windows only is no longer used.  Please use the ATG Utility Applications instead.

Yes, unfortunately on smaller screens, the ATG Settings Manager does run out of space.  This can usually be addressed by changing the screen size in the System Preferences (OS X) or in the Control Panel's Display (Windows).  Please note that this is not always an option on some computers unless you connect an external monitor.  We do hope to revamp the ATG Settings Manager in the future to address this issue.  Thank you!

What is it that you are trying to do with MIDI that is not working with your AT-200?  If you want to contact our ATG support, please do so here: http://www.autotunef...ort/contact.php

Agreed! Bluetooth would be nice.


View PostBobF, on 14 July 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

The update we're waiting for has to do with manual selection verses automatic MIDI port discovery.  It is currently automatic and works just fine unless you have a grunch of MIDI devices that don't play well with others.

There is no reason to wait to start enjoying your AT200

Thank you BobF!

#19 KorbenD

KorbenD

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 November 2016 - 05:53 AM

It's been a few months since the last update on the new version.  Any news on when it might be available?

#20 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 28 November 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostKorbenD, on 25 November 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

It's been a few months since the last update on the new version.  Any news on when it might be available?

We are testing a new version currently and it has a few small issues that we should be able to address shortly.  Thank you!
Please email support directly about this.  http://www.autotunef...ort/contact.php




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users