• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 robhamilton

robhamilton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:45 AM

I've got a Godin Multiac Nylon Fretless SA guitar (http://www.godinguit...onfretlessp.htm) and I'm wondering if that's been tested with an ATG-1?

I'm assuming technically it will works, i.e. the 13-pin output on the Godin works with the ATG-1, but I'm curious how the ATG-1 will behave in dealing with a fretless neck.

I'd love to see a demo video if you all have one, or hear any users who've tried this combination. It seems like that could be amazing. I'm in the market for a 13-pin processor and this route seems much more interesting than a standard guitar synth.

Thanks!

#2 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 24 January 2016 - 03:07 PM

First, you have to buy those special mag core strings for classical, second check out the V-guitar forums, I can't remember where but there is a post on Dweezil Zappa's new guitar being built by some tech giant.It's fretless has the sustainer, and ATG.It's very do-able I imagine you'll end up with the best of both worlds of guitar and 6 string cello, ENDLESS possibilities.A fretless instrument is so much more expressive (if you can play it proper) and the ATG will assist the "proper" aspect, do it and post your results here.

#3 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 26 January 2016 - 08:29 PM

View Postrobhamilton, on 24 January 2016 - 03:45 AM, said:

I've got a Godin Multiac Nylon Fretless SA guitar (http://www.godinguit...onfretlessp.htm) and I'm wondering if that's been tested with an ATG-1?

I'm assuming technically it will works, i.e. the 13-pin output on the Godin works with the ATG-1, but I'm curious how the ATG-1 will behave in dealing with a fretless neck.

I'd love to see a demo video if you all have one, or hear any users who've tried this combination. It seems like that could be amazing. I'm in the market for a 13-pin processor and this route seems much more interesting than a standard guitar synth.

Thanks!

View Posttrevor, on 24 January 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

First, you have to buy those special mag core strings for classical, second check out the V-guitar forums, I can't remember where but there is a post on Dweezil Zappa's new guitar being built by some tech giant.It's fretless has the sustainer, and ATG.It's very do-able I imagine you'll end up with the best of both worlds of guitar and 6 string cello, ENDLESS possibilities.A fretless instrument is so much more expressive (if you can play it proper) and the ATG will assist the "proper" aspect, do it and post your results here.

Hello RobHamilton and Trevor,

The ATG-1 does actually work with a Nylon string Godin.  We have tried this and the sound you get is a nylon string sound through all of the different modeled pickups.  Since the strings on the guitar will affect the sound of the ATG-1, you will not get an electric sounding guitar when using nylon strings.

Yes, the ATG-1 or ATG Custom Kit will also work on a fretless guitar.  Trevor is correct that we did install the ATG system in two fretless custom built Gibson SG guitars for Dweezil Zappa.  (Thanks for the tech giant compliment Trevor!) If you check out the latest Dweezil Zappa's latest release "Via Zammata'," you will hear these guitars being used quite a bit.  (Tunes to check out are "Funky 15" and "Truth.")
Henrik

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users