AT200 MIDI presets from vypyr pro documentaton?

MIDI AT-200 Vypyr Pro

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 edwb

edwb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 03:06 AM

I'm having difficulties finding documentation that shows what the MIDI commands sent from the Vypyr Pro amplifier presets to the AT-200 guitar (with complete pack installed) are doing.  

The "MIDI send data knob" on Vypyr Pro Edit only goes between 1 and 127, there doesn't seem to be any secondary way to send more data.  I have to presume these are complete pack default presets, but I don't have a listing of what those are by number as called in the Vypyr Pro presets..

I'd like to create new individual vypyr pro presets with all the AT-200 guitar complete pack models that I can easily and reliably switch between these models via the vypyr pro MIDI out and get a better understanding of how they each sound and interact with the vypyr pro amp and stomp models.  

Modern Humbucker
California Single Coil
Acoustic
Nashville Single Coil
Mini Humbucker
P-90
SLO Custom HSH
Vintage Humbucker
Vintage Lipstick-tube
Bass
Japan Custom HSH
[and isn't there supposed to be 2 different acoustic 12-string simulations as well?]

Here's a listing of the Factory Preset banks on the Vypyr Pro which have a MIDI send value (0-127)

"Preset  Title" "MIDI Program Send Value"
U-1   DEMO C&D 1 7
U-2   12 STRING FAKE   1
U-3   12 STRING ACOU 6
U-4   12 STRING DOWN 7
V-1 FALLEN 8
V-2 STAIR ACOUSTIC 9
V-3 STAIR 12 10
V-4   OPEN E 13
W-1  LITTLE BIT    14
W-2  STONE 15
W-3  NEW AGE MELMUS 16
W-4  STEEL DRUM 0
X-1   SHERIFF 0
X-2   SHERIFF BASS   5
X-3   SHERIFF RHYTHM 0
X-4   SHERIFF SOLO 1
Y-1   GREEN C BASS 5
Y-2   GREEN C RHYTHM 4
Y-3   GREEN C SYNTH    0
Y-4   GREEN C SOLO 2 0

from these factory presets I decode that...
"bass model" is "5",
"12-string acoustic model" is "6"
default "modern humbucker model" is "1"
and change nothing is "0"

I'm not sure what the others are.  Is there a complete listing of defaults somewhere?

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 29 February 2016 - 07:02 PM

edwb, on 29 February 2016 - 03:06 AM, said:

[and isn't there supposed to be 2 different acoustic 12-string simulations as well?]

Hello edwb,

Yes, there are three acoustic models in the same patch.  You switch between these by using the pickup selector.  This can be programmed as part of your preset.
12-String simulations can also be added to your preset for any model using the doubling function.

As far as the Vypyr amp, I am afraid that you will have to refer to Peavey for information as this is an amp made by Peavey.

Thank you!

There are

#3 edwb

edwb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 March 2016 - 11:54 PM

Maybe I should ask differently.

When an AT-200 guitar is upgraded with a "complete software feature pack"  it gains the ability to have presets.
Are any of these presets setup at that time or are they all blank and need a user to manually create and install them?
If there are any presets setup at the time the complete pack is installed, what are they?

I'm currently waiting for Peavey customer support for info on the Vypyr Pro MIDI presets.

#4 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts

Posted 07 March 2016 - 04:58 PM

edwb, on 05 March 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

Maybe I should ask differently.

When an AT-200 guitar is upgraded with a "complete software feature pack"  it gains the ability to have presets.
Are any of these presets setup at that time or are they all blank and need a user to manually create and install them?
If there are any presets setup at the time the complete pack is installed, what are they?

I'm currently waiting for Peavey customer support for info on the Vypyr Pro MIDI presets.

Got it!  There are no presets in the Complete Pack when you load this onto the guitar.  All presets are set to the default values, which are:

Modern Humbucker
No Alternate Tuning
No Doubling
No Capo Up or Down

Hopefully this helps!

#5 edwb

edwb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 May 2016 - 09:34 PM

Returning to this thread....

I connected a PC midiox program to the Vypyr Pro and what I found out was that  the Vypyr Pro presets are doing is sending MIDI Program change commands "C0" with corresponding hex number data to the 0-127 selections from the amp to the AT200.
For example when the VypyrPro Select Aux program is set 17 it sends a command "C0", "11"
These Vypyr Pro presets can be selected through the amp controls deep edit output menus or or in the VypyrEdit Pro program.

Where this leaves is me is where I started. I haven't been able to find any documentation on what these "MIDI programs" are changing in the AT-200 guitar with Antares complete pack.  What are they?

#6 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 04:29 PM

edwb, on 01 May 2016 - 09:34 PM, said:

Where this leaves is me is where I started. I haven't been able to find any documentation on what these "MIDI programs" are changing in the AT-200 guitar with Antares complete pack.  What are they?

Since there are no presets in the Complete Pack, all presets are set to the default values (mentioned above).  So, unless you have made your own presets and loaded these onto the guitar, you will get the same "Default" preset every time you send a MIDI program change to the AT-200.

Is the Vypyr Pro sending more than regular MIDI CC commands out to the AT-200?

The Software Feature Pack manual does have a complete section about MIDI and hopefully this should help.  The MIDI Control section starts on page 31.  Here is the link:

http://www.autotunef...Packs_v3.10.pdf

If this still does not give you the information you are looking for, please contact ATG support here:

http://www.autotunef...ort/contact.php

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users