• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 garylance

garylance

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 01:31 AM

I would like to apologize in advance for this newby question!!! I have a similar problem other's here have had with my AT200 guitar. I have set the intonation the best I can before autotune feature is engaged. Some strings are a little off WITH autotune engaged. I am wanting to correct this. I have read the forum and answers about the problem (system thinks I am bending string ) . My question is " If  notes are slightly flat on a certain string WITH autotune engaged , when I adjust the actual saddle (with autotune turned OFF) to try to correct the issue do I move the saddle forward or backward? I get a little confused wondering & thinking about what the software is correcting!!( I do know that if notes are sharp move saddle back,if notes are flat move saddle forward) I am just getting confused with autotune system(OVER THINKING)! also is it possible to correct this with The ATG Settings Manager?? THANKS for any Help!!!

#2 BobF

BobF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 29 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

I wish I could help more than this ...

If a note is flat, you either increase tension or shorten the length to make the pitch sharper.  This implies moving the saddle closer to the nut to shorten the string length, raising the pitch.
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#3 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 01 August 2016 - 04:55 PM

Hello garylance,

I would highly recommend having the guitar as well intonated as possible.  The ATG software has a threshold where it will correct the pitch when the note is within the correct range.  If the note fall outside this range, then Solid-Tune will let go of the note as if you are bending.  Even if you are trying to "trick" the system, Solid-Tune will correct the pitch if the note is within the range.

If you seriously are experiencing pitches being off from what they should be, could you please contact support so we can assist you?  Here is the contact info:

http://www.autotunef...ort/contact.php

Thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users