• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snhirsch

snhirsch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:39 PM

Title says it.  I have a slightly older ThinkPad that I carry with me to gigs and practices for the purpose of managing presets and parameters on all my digital gear.  It was a bit of an unpleasant surprise to discover that ATG-1 settings manager wants a fixed vertical resolution that exceeds the capacity of this machine.  Settings manager is the first and only piece of software across at least (5) vendors that is unusable on the laptop.  I'm a software engineer in real life and cannot see any reason why the tall aspect ratio is needed in your GUI.  In this day and age of short, wide LCD displays please consider spending the day or two of effort to either spread it out horizontally or make more use of tabbed dialogs?  If you can shrink the vertical resolution requirement to 800 pixels it will likely work on anything.  Or, for extra credit, make it scalable such that manually reducing the frame size will activate a vertical scrollbar.

There's just no technical excuse for the current situation.

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 22 August 2016 - 04:11 PM

We are working on a new version that will include a solution for this as well as being able to select what MIDI In and Out ports are used.

#3 BobF

BobF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

That's great news Henrik - thanks for the update
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#4 snhirsch

snhirsch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 11:04 PM

In the interim, I discovered a very useful Windows app called GimeSpace.  It sets up a virtual screen that exceeds the physical display resolution and lets you pan by moving the mouse to the edge in the desired direction.  With the very modest price and solved my immediate issue with the settings manager.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users