Jump to content


Weird AT-200 tuning issue - 'standard' tuning a semitone flat?? Can't reset...

at-200 tuning flat semitone reset

  • Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 peanutismint

peanutismint

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:10 PM

I'm experiencing a weird AT-200 tuning issue:

When I turn the guitar on and tune up by strumming strings/holding the button, it tunes all strings perfectly but a semitone flat, down from the actual tuning of the strings... And I can't seem to 'reset' the guitar to normal tuning.

Anyone else experienced this?

#2 bizjer

bizjer

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:22 PM

Have you tried fret control D string 12th fret? Global transpose may have moved and doesnt get changed even with reloading the feature pack(as i understand it)

#3 peanutismint

peanutismint

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:32 PM

View Postbizjer, on 10 October 2016 - 10:22 PM, said:

Have you tried fret control D string 12th fret? Global transpose may have moved and doesnt get changed even with reloading the feature pack(as i understand it)

That's fixed it!! Thanks so much. Was that a really obvious mistake?! :D What exactly does playing D on the 12th fret engage? And is it 'on/off' of whatever tuning you're currently in, like if you wanted to set your AT-200's 'home' tuning as Eb for playing in a Hendrix tribute band or similar???

#4 bizjer

bizjer

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:40 PM

More than glad to help. It's a mistake/accident I'm all to familiar with ;-). Tends to happen if you strum the strings and get a harmonic when using fret control.. It tricks the system into thinking you've played the 12th fret. The global settings as mentioned stay as you leave them regardless of how many times you reload the feature pack or even change the feature pack. 12th fret D is Standard tuning ie tunes to E. 11th fret is down half a step, 10th another half a step and the same for 13,14,15 but going up half steps. I think the range is limited to 5up and down. And yes you could have a guitar set in Eb for Hendrix GnR etc. MyAt200  #1 is tuned to Eb but sounds in E. I like the flappy string thing lol and number 2 has high action and gets used for the open tunings and slide work.
I can recommend setting up your own presets too. They use the high E string. I have Open C on 0 fret, EEEEBE on fret 1 , the same but with doubling on the top 3 strings. Quite a few more weird ones stored in there!

#5 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 296 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:42 PM

View Postpeanutismint, on 10 October 2016 - 10:32 PM, said:

That's fixed it!! Thanks so much. Was that a really obvious mistake?! :D What exactly does playing D on the 12th fret engage? And is it 'on/off' of whatever tuning you're currently in, like if you wanted to set your AT-200's 'home' tuning as Eb for playing in a Hendrix tribute band or similar???

It is the Global Transpose down feature in the Software Feature Packs.  You can globally transpose the guitar down (up to 7 half steps) using this feature.  All your presets, tunings, etc. are left intact, but transposed down to whatever value you have set in the Global Transpose.

#6 peanutismint

peanutismint

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:10 PM

Thanks for all the tips guys!

So I guess it's different than simply using the 4th (?) string to drop down, as it works on all presets independent of settings etc...?

Yeah I have about 7 presets stored already - makes things super easy when switching songs, unless a weird harmonic issue like you mentioned causes the system to engage the wrong settings...! Any tips on how to avoid that? I take it I should actually be picking the string once fretted at the desired option, not just 'tapping' at the desired fret??

#7 bizjer

bizjer

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:21 PM

The 4th and 5th strings are capo up and down and WILL reset if you switch off and on again. The 3rd string 12th fret zone will not reset and you are right to say its on all presets independant of settings. As for using fret control effectively  i find that a good solid fret fingering and a clean pick with a pick is best. Its quite tricky but with your r.h. pinky hold down the auto tune pot then with the rest of you r.h. pick the string firmly. Once you get the method you'll avoid any harmonic blips etc unless you get careless lol. IF you get the technique mastered you can drop a few changes mid tune ;-) If youre tapping the fret then you more than likely wont get a clean enough note to correctly tell the cpu what you want and may well be why your getting harmonic glitches. Cant say how much i love the system. I played a LP custom for 20 years then got a £200 at200 and Lester has been boxed since haha. Quite savage really;-)

#8 peanutismint

peanutismint

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 11:46 PM

Lol I'm in a similar position to you mate - I similarly paid about £220 for mine second hand with the breakout box/the top software pack about 15 months ago and have since sold a beautiful custom Fender Thinline Tele that just wasn't getting used because I get such a great sound off this plucky little scrapper! :-D I went to NAMM in California in Jan and spoke to a few of the Peavey/Antares team and they said all they heard from the majority of users was how much they were surprised by how much it punches above its weight! I also obviously pestered the Antares guy to add nylon string/banjo models somehow...!!

#9 bizjer

bizjer

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 October 2016 - 03:32 PM

£220 with b/out and feature packs. Bargain!!! Nice job trying to get banjo and nylon. We can only hope. Id be happy if they let us have the lap steel + running on the at200 . Would need midi foot control but surely it can be done !

#10 peanutismint

peanutismint

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:04 PM

Hey sorry I just realised it was you who messaged me about this problem! So thanks again :-)

I'm back on the boards trying to find a solution to my current issue... I connected to the AT-200 settings program on my Mac to add some new custom tunings, but after I'd tested them all and disconnected the MIDI cable, now I can't seem to get any settings whatsoever on the guitar through fret control... When I pluck a string fretted at a specific place to access a specific command (like model select, tuning select, preset select etc) all that seems to happen is that that string becomes tuned to that fret......

I thought maybe all the memories had been lost, but I opened the settings app again and confirmed that all my presets were still stored in the guitar, and also that wouldn't explain why none of the other controls work either.

Any ideas how I've lost all my AT-200 fret controls?!

#11 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 296 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 05 January 2017 - 06:34 PM

View Postpeanutismint, on 26 December 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Hey sorry I just realised it was you who messaged me about this problem! So thanks again :-)

I'm back on the boards trying to find a solution to my current issue... I connected to the AT-200 settings program on my Mac to add some new custom tunings, but after I'd tested them all and disconnected the MIDI cable, now I can't seem to get any settings whatsoever on the guitar through fret control... When I pluck a string fretted at a specific place to access a specific command (like model select, tuning select, preset select etc) all that seems to happen is that that string becomes tuned to that fret......

I thought maybe all the memories had been lost, but I opened the settings app again and confirmed that all my presets were still stored in the guitar, and also that wouldn't explain why none of the other controls work either.

Any ideas how I've lost all my AT-200 fret controls?!

Are you sure that the Complete Pack is actually loaded and not another application such as the stock Peavey AT-200 v2.27?  If you remove all applications from the guitar with the exception of the Complete Pack, then this will load automatically as this is the only application present.

#12 benburd

benburd

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

Thank you very very much. I spent the last 2 hours reloading the software and testing it for the same problem. I thought I was screwed. you made my week!

#13 Aartsbok

Aartsbok

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFlanders - Belgium

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostHenrik, on 05 January 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Are you sure that the Complete Pack is actually loaded and not another application such as the stock Peavey AT-200 v2.27?  If you remove all applications from the guitar with the exception of the Complete Pack, then this will load automatically as this is the only application present.

Ow, I actually just made a tread for this question but I see you talking about it, so I'm going to ask it here as well: (copy/paste thread):

If one owns the complete pack and has it loaded into the guitar, does the peavey software actually still have any use?

Like in my case, Peavey V 2.27 was set in the first slot, the complete pack the second, which meant I would have to hit the string to get the complete pack software to kick in. I read here somewhere that you could just remove the peavey stuff and so the complete pack v3.32 would be default when starting up.

So I did, but I wonder.... does the complete pack actually contains EVERYTHING the peavey stock had to offer? I know it offers "more", but in my case (using a peavey vypyr pro), would I loose any specific peavey functionality in collaboration with that amp when I only load up the complete pack?

I think my question is: is it usefull to still have the peavey stock loaded into the guitar at all when you have the complete pack?

Thanks people!

Wes


*Representing the satisfaction of vocal vulgarity*

#14 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 296 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 11 July 2017 - 04:49 PM

View PostAartsbok, on 11 July 2017 - 04:39 PM, said:

Ow, I actually just made a tread for this question but I see you talking about it, so I'm going to ask it here as well: (copy/paste thread):

If one owns the complete pack and has it loaded into the guitar, does the peavey software actually still have any use?

Like in my case, Peavey V 2.27 was set in the first slot, the complete pack the second, which meant I would have to hit the string to get the complete pack software to kick in. I read here somewhere that you could just remove the peavey stuff and so the complete pack v3.32 would be default when starting up.

So I did, but I wonder.... does the complete pack actually contains EVERYTHING the peavey stock had to offer? I know it offers "more", but in my case (using a peavey vypyr pro), would I loose any specific peavey functionality in collaboration with that amp when I only load up the complete pack?

I think my question is: is it usefull to still have the peavey stock loaded into the guitar at all when you have the complete pack?

Thanks people!

Wes
http://autotuneforgu...pack/#entry3789

You can safely remove the Peavey v2.27 software if you have the Complete Pack on the guitar.  The Complete Pack does include everything that the v2.27 software has and a lot more...

#15 Aartsbok

Aartsbok

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFlanders - Belgium

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:19 PM

Thank you!
*Representing the satisfaction of vocal vulgarity*





Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: at-200, tuning, flat, semitone, reset

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users