AT-200 / Luthier Kit DSP board swapable?

at-200 kit

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cags12

cags12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 February 2017 - 11:19 PM

Hi Folks,

Has anyone tried this? I've got an At-200 (no software upgrades) and I just bought the luthier kit for a custom guitar project which is still in baby steps. I wanted to test the new DSP4 board and its features on the AT-200.

My questions is: are all the connections equivalent on both versions of the DSP board? I managed to install it and make it work except the pickup selector (I do not perceive any change) and tone control in autotune mode (tone is very dark and does not change), everything else worked right.

So I'd like to know what am I doing wrong here?

- Pickup selector
I bought the kit for the 5-way pickup selector. Documentation says there is a toggle in the "left" side of board to indicate what type of PU selector is in use. Only toggle I found is on the right and there is 4 small toggles. Could you help me telling me ho I need to change it so it can work with the 3-way selector on the AT-200?

Posted Image

- Tone Control
Could the connection of the pickup selector affect it? I do not see I am doing anything wrong here unless connections are not equivalent on both DSP boards or there some sort of malfunctioning.

Thank you,
Christian

Note: At-200 is stock and I am simply doing a straight forward swap of the DSP boards.

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 264 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:12 PM

View Postcags12, on 12 February 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

- Pickup selector
I bought the kit for the 5-way pickup selector. Documentation says there is a toggle in the "left" side of board to indicate what type of PU selector is in use. Only toggle I found is on the right and there is 4 small toggles. Could you help me telling me ho I need to change it so it can work with the 3-way selector on the AT-200?

To set the pickup selector up for a 3-Way switch, the four small toggles needs to be switched as the DSP board you have is set up for a 5-Way.  Here is how the toggles need to be configured:

5-Way:
Toggle 1 - OFF
Toggle 2 - ON
Toggle 3 - OFF
Toggle 4 - OFF

3-Way:
Toggle 1 - ON
Toggle 2 - OFF
Toggle 3 - OFF
Toggle 4 - OFF

Please do be extra careful when handling the ATG DSP4 board as we don't want it to break or get electrocuted...

#3 cags12

cags12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:56 PM

View PostHenrik, on 13 February 2017 - 05:12 PM, said:

To set the pickup selector up for a 3-Way switch, the four small toggles needs to be switched as the DSP board you have is set up for a 5-Way.  Here is how the toggles need to be configured:

5-Way:
Toggle 1 - OFF
Toggle 2 - ON
Toggle 3 - OFF
Toggle 4 - OFF

3-Way:
Toggle 1 - ON
Toggle 2 - OFF
Toggle 3 - OFF
Toggle 4 - OFF

Please do be extra careful when handling the ATG DSP4 board as we don't want it to break or get electrocuted...

Hi Henrik,

Many thanks. I was very careful :) and it worked great! Well, almost. For some reason it seems the pickup selector in autotune mode is inverted (neck is bridge and bridge is neck) haha.

Any thoughts about it? It is not a super big deal but if I can get it right without doing anything fancy, I will be pleased :)

The tone works fine now btw.

#4 cags12

cags12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 12:15 AM

Well I just traced the cables from the PU selector to the pins in the connector to the DSP4 board and it seems they are inverted (pin1 and pin2). I take this was a change of design?

#5 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:43 PM

View Postcags12, on 14 February 2017 - 12:15 AM, said:

Well I just traced the cables from the PU selector to the pins in the connector to the DSP4 board and it seems they are inverted (pin1 and pin2). I take this was a change of design?

Shouldn't be, however, it might depend on how the switch is mounted.

#6 cags12

cags12

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:10 PM

View PostHenrik, on 14 February 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Shouldn't be, however, it might depend on how the switch is mounted.

That is the odd part. I compared how it is mounted with the diagram in the Luthier installation kit and for sure the pins are inverted.

If you think about it. If the PU selector was mounted inverted, it would also affect Autotune on the Stock ATG board on the AT-200. Which is not. So that makes you wonder that there was a change on the design of the pins functionalities  between both version of the ATG board.

Not a big deal since it can be fixed very easily but I guess good to know.

Note: I have another issue that I believe it would be better to be handled via email/support.

#7 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 06:39 PM

View Postcags12, on 14 February 2017 - 06:10 PM, said:

That is the odd part. I compared how it is mounted with the diagram in the Luthier installation kit and for sure the pins are inverted.

If you think about it. If the PU selector was mounted inverted, it would also affect Autotune on the Stock ATG board on the AT-200. Which is not. So that makes you wonder that there was a change on the design of the pins functionalities  between both version of the ATG board.

Not a big deal since it can be fixed very easily but I guess good to know.

Note: I have another issue that I believe it would be better to be handled via email/support.

The switches are of course different, so that would certainly explain everything.  Yes, please email ATG support here:  http://www.autotunef...ort/contact.php

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: at-200, kit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users