7 replies to this topic

#1 GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 04:58 PM

Hex autotune output with GK-compatible connector jack, please!

I believe this feature will be welcomed with open arms by the 20,000+ members of VGuitar Forum!

#2 cags12

cags12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 04:04 PM

View PostGuitarBuilder, on 08 May 2017 - 04:58 PM, said:

Hex autotune output with GK-compatible connector jack, please!

I believe this feature will be welcomed with open arms by the 20,000+ members of VGuitar Forum!

This is not possible at the moment because it would require 6 additional Digital to analog codecs that do not exist. I believe the only possibility for this is if they develop a separate board that integrates with the current one which would make the conversion. I believe the connector highlighted below could be used transmit the digital streams to another board for conversion to analog. However, this is all speculation as I do not have official info about this.

Posted Image

#3 GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

The DSP board already has 1 stereo DAC (U72), so in principle only 2 more would be required.

#4 vanceg

vanceg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

I have a sizable number of customers and colleagues who would absolutely LOVE to use the ATG technology IFF it had the ability to output the tuned/processed signals individually.  The ATG tuning and pitch shifting (and pickup emulation!) is absolutely head and shoulders above that of any other product on the market and I can't think of any 13pin guitar user that I know who wouldn't welcome using it above what they are currently using.  But, Antares doesn't offer (and perhaps doesn't want to deal with offering) some of the other processing and modeling technology that other products to like hex effects, amp modeling, etc.  The possibility of getting the ATG Luthier kit OR the ATG-1(version2) to include a 13pin output which carries the ATG processed signal is very exciting and could help me pitch ATG to a much larger audience than I can now.

#5 GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:02 AM

View Postvanceg, on 21 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

I have a sizable number of customers and colleagues who would absolutely LOVE to use the ATG technology IFF it had the ability to output the tuned/processed signals individually.  The ATG tuning and pitch shifting (and pickup emulation!) is absolutely head and shoulders above that of any other product on the market and I can't think of any 13pin guitar user that I know who wouldn't welcome using it above what they are currently using.  But, Antares doesn't offer (and perhaps doesn't want to deal with offering) some of the other processing and modeling technology that other products to like hex effects, amp modeling, etc.  The possibility of getting the ATG Luthier kit OR the ATG-1(version2) to include a 13pin output which carries the ATG processed signal is very exciting and could help me pitch ATG to a much larger audience than I can now.

Thanks, Vanceg!  I appreciate your support.

#6 cags12

cags12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Adding to my comment above. There is an unused pin in the DIN connector in the Luthier Kit that I hope could be used for sending the Multiplexed digital data of the 6 channels down the MIDI cable (8th pin).

It would be super cool if a more advanced Breakout box would demux / DAC and route to 13 pin connector, Midi in/Outs and 1/4 Jack.

#7 GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 02:12 PM

View Postcags12, on 24 May 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

Adding to my comment above. There is an unused pin in the DIN connector in the Luthier Kit that I hope could be used for sending the Multiplexed digital data of the 6 channels down the MIDI cable (8th pin).

It would be super cool if a more advanced Breakout box would demux / DAC and route to 13 pin connector, Midi in/Outs and 1/4 Jack.

I think you're talking about something other than ATG, right?  Why have ATG and non-autotuned 6-string data out?  Your idea may work better on a GK or FTP guitar.

#8 cags12

cags12

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:54 AM

View PostGuitarBuilder, on 25 May 2017 - 02:12 PM, said:

I think you're talking about something other than ATG, right?  Why have ATG and non-autotuned 6-string data out?  Your idea may work better on a GK or FTP guitar.

What I meant is to have the auto-tuned digital data out through the Midi cable. It could be an alternative solution to the fact that the current DSP board does not have the extra DAC.

Anyway, we are just dreaming here :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users