• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 WOODIESHANGER

WOODIESHANGER

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 08:04 PM

I've bought a faulty Peavey At-200 which "just needs an update". Unfortunately being in the UK seems to mean nothing is easy. I've bought a m-audio midi interface and a supposed cable which doesn't seem to work and won't allow the guitar to connect to my laptop.
I've been sent a wiring diagram but I can't follow it as it seems to be in a USA format.
I'm hoping there is someone in the UK with an understanding of midi or the Peavey At-200 who can HELP
I currently use a fender jaguar with a Roland Gr55 but like the idea of the Peavey.

I don't seem to be able to upload the wiring I was sent
COLIN WOODLAND
www.woodieshanger.com

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:13 PM

WOODIESHANGER, on 29 June 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

I've bought a faulty Peavey At-200 which "just needs an update". Unfortunately being in the UK seems to mean nothing is easy. I've bought a m-audio midi interface and a supposed cable which doesn't seem to work and won't allow the guitar to connect to my laptop.
I've been sent a wiring diagram but I can't follow it as it seems to be in a USA format.
I'm hoping there is someone in the UK with an understanding of midi or the Peavey At-200 who can HELP
I currently use a fender jaguar with a Roland Gr55 but like the idea of the Peavey.

COLIN WOODLAND
www.woodieshanger.com

Hi Colin,

Please check out the following forum post.  This is the correct wiring diagram: http://autotuneforgu... +cable +wiring

#3 GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

WOODIESHANGER, on 29 June 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

COLIN WOODLAND
www.woodieshanger.com

Welcome, Colin!  Firstly, do you have the 8-pin cable that came with the guitar or the official Peavey Y-cable that splits the 8-pin to two 5-pin MIDIs?  If not, get one of these:

https://www.sweetwat...CFYZffgodSIAImw

Which M-Audio MIDI interface do you have?  What operating system do you use?

Also please keep in mind that for this operation the AT-200 must be the only USB device connected to your computer or it won't be recognized.  Software quirk!

#4 bizjer

bizjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 30 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

He should count himself lucky he never had to update through the web app lol. Am in the UK too. I run a cheap usb to 2 x 5 pin midi box from PC into AT200B breakout box (id highly recommend getting one if you can) and then intot he AST200 from the breakout box. As Guitarbuilder mentioned you'll need only the At200 midi connection plugged in. We are now approaching the 2 year mark from when the latest settings manager went into testing! ;-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users