6 replies to this topic

#1 Aartsbok

Aartsbok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationFlanders - Belgium

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:34 PM

Hi, my name is Wesley, I live in the Flanders area of Belgium, been playing and compising music for over 22 years now.

I own 1 fender strat usa `77, one jackson RR24M and one Jackson RR24 limited edition. Though they are both powerd by a single active emg 81 they totally sound different (problaby due to the difference in wood, unfinished maple in the RR24M and ebony with with ivory binding on the limited edition run).`

People tend to say that an 81 sound the same in whatever guitar, I dare to differ with the obvious proof laying around my house.

I also own an LTD B-50 bass just for playing which actually creates amazing tones for it's price.

Recentely I've bought an AT-200 and purchased the complete pack to go with it, only to be charmed tremendously by the AT software, but dissapointed about the sounds I'm getting out of it (with the exception of cleans), I'm playing a vypyr pro 100 at home.

Next to music I have very little time, got a wife and 2 kids, touring band and a demanding job....sometimes there's even no time for music for a very long time but since in this band I'm the vocalist rather then any guitarist or bassist I can minimize my songwriting for the time being and concentrate on the vocal parts of it (including lyrics for the upcoming album). The band's playing for 18 years allready so we're still going full force.

The AT-200 was something I needed to fondle with, play with and experiment to get things done. It works for that, unfortunatly it sounds horrible but I've got another thread for that.

Closing off: nice to mee you passionate people and heads up to antares for their incredible software. Business like yourself make this world a little bit more intruiging.!

Cheers,

Wesley
*Representing the satisfaction of vocal vulgarity*

#2 GuitarBuilder

GuitarBuilder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 July 2017 - 09:25 PM

Welcome to the forum, Wesley!

#3 bizjer

bizjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 08 July 2017 - 02:13 PM

Howdy! You'll soon grow to love the At200. You can tweak the sounds in the software manager. More tone more gain etc. The sheer flexibility of the guitar will soon make you overlook any slight niggles that are present.

#4 Aartsbok

Aartsbok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 04:51 PM

View Postbizjer, on 08 July 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

Howdy! You'll soon grow to love the At200. You can tweak the sounds in the software manager. More tone more gain etc. The sheer flexibility of the guitar will soon make you overlook any slight niggles that are present.

Hi!

You mean the ATG settings Manager? (Software manager being to upload packs/updates to the guitar). I seriously need to take a look at that and get to learn how to work with it :) Haven't touched that program thus far. Thanks for the tip! I'll surely know how to keep myself busy the next couple of days.

#5 bizjer

bizjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 July 2017 - 02:25 PM

Yes it and the presets manager really give you the flexibility.

#6 Aartsbok

Aartsbok

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

View Postbizjer, on 11 July 2017 - 02:25 PM, said:

Yes it and the presets manager really give you the flexibility.

Thank you! I'm going to get playfull this weekend :)

#7 bizjer

bizjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:53 PM

My pleasure. If there's anything you get stuck with just shout and i'll see what I can do!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users