10 replies to this topic

#1 JonasEdenbrandt

JonasEdenbrandt

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:06 PM

Hi!

My name is Jonas Edenbrandt and i'm a student at the Interactive Sounddesign program at the university in Kristiandstad in Sweden. Together with Linus Wendel (a fellow student) i'm currently working on my examproject. The examproject is in collaboration with Antares and we are working on an Android application to use with AutoTune for Guitar. Currently the functionallity is very similar to that of the MIDI Designer patch for iOS.

We are very interested to hear about your oppinions of the MIDI Designer patch. We would also love to hear your input on functionality and layout overall what do you want from a Android application to controll your AutoTune for Guitar. Whats the most important things to be able to change on the fly and so on.

Please give us as much input as possible nothings to big or to small.

Regards
Jonas and Linus

#2 xdbx

xdbx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 11:56 PM

I'd be happy with ANY android support, I'm not about to go buy an ipad just to tinker with w/ my AT200.  So whatever you come up with will be welcome.

#3 looppr

looppr

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Here here to the above poster, hard to make suggestions if you can't try it because you don't want an iPad, but I would like to try the solid tune turned off, so far IU haven't been able to figure it out. It should be switchable on the fretboard like the other features.

#4 leads

leads

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:20 AM

View PostJonasEdenbrandt, on 31 May 2013 - 02:06 PM, said:

Hi!

My name is Jonas Edenbrandt and i'm a student at the Interactive Sounddesign program at the university in Kristiandstad in Sweden. Together with Linus Wendel (a fellow student) i'm currently working on my examproject. The examproject is in collaboration with Antares and we are working on an Android application to use with AutoTune for Guitar. Currently the functionallity is very similar to that of the MIDI Designer patch for iOS.

We are very interested to hear about your oppinions of the MIDI Designer patch. We would also love to hear your input on functionality and layout overall what do you want from a Android application to controll your AutoTune for Guitar. Whats the most important things to be able to change on the fly and so on.

Please give us as much input as possible nothings to big or to small.

Regards
Jonas and Linus
Windows OS version?

#5 mromeo2

mromeo2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAtlanta, Ga.

Posted 27 February 2014 - 05:39 PM

Hi Jonas,   I, along with many others, am thrilled that you are working on android control of the AT-200.  How can I acquire your beta?   Fret control is for the birds!
Mickey Romeo

#6 BobF

BobF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 27 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

View Postleads, on 08 December 2013 - 09:20 AM, said:

Windows OS version?

+10   -   I would love to be able to send changes from Reaper (or any DAW).

So this should be easy.  All you need to do is create an Android version.  A native Windows version and a VST!! :)

We're not all glued to phones and tablets
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#7 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 27 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

View PostBobF, on 27 February 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

So this should be easy.  All you need to do is create an Android version.  A native Windows version and a VST!! :)

Hello BobF

You are able to send program changes to control an AT-200 from any DAW (Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One, etc.) that is capable of sending MIDI CC messages out via MIDI. Once you have checked that your DAW can do this, you will find all of the necessary information in the Auto-Tune for Guitar Software User Manual:

http://www.autotunef...anual_v2.28.pdf

Be sure to read Chapter 6 beginning on page 31.  This chapter talks about MID Control, including what MIDI CC messages to use when controling the Auto-Tune for Guitar technology.

#8 BobF

BobF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 28 February 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostHenrik, on 27 February 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Hello BobF

You are able to send program changes to control an AT-200 from any DAW (Pro Tools, Cubase, Studio One, etc.) that is capable of sending MIDI CC messages out via MIDI. Once you have checked that your DAW can do this, you will find all of the necessary information in the Auto-Tune for Guitar Software User Manual:

Be sure to read Chapter 6 beginning on page 31.  This chapter talks about MID Control, including what MIDI CC messages to use when controling the Auto-Tune for Guitar technology.

Great!  Then yes, an Android app would be great :wacko:
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass

#9 AT-200

AT-200

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 09:50 AM

Hello, i have try an APP called "Midi Commander".
It´s works to send Midi Dates from Andoid Tablet to the AP-200.
Attached File  Screenshot_2014-08-25-11-42-021.png   249.09K   19 downloads

#10 BobF

BobF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostHenrik, on 27 February 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Hello BobF

View PostBobF, on 27 February 2014 - 06:27 PM, said:

Henrik -

I have finally gotten around to following up on this.  It does work, but is anything but friendly and obviously requires the DAW to be running to function.

There are many times when my DAW is NOT running that I would like a simple screen displayed on my PC, where the AT200/200B are already connected.

The ability to quickly point/click to create/recall presets would be much better.  Anything as feature rich as an AT200 loaded with the complete pack cries for an easy way to explore and control it :)

An Android version would essentially be java ... straight-forward to maintain a WIn version as well.  Build a simple Java version and let the Open Source world have it ...

#11 jezebabe

jezebabe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:43 AM

View PostAT-200, on 25 August 2014 - 09:50 AM, said:

Hello, i have try an APP called "Midi Commander".
It´s works to send Midi Dates from Andoid Tablet to the AP-200.
Attachment Screenshot_2014-08-25-11-42-021.png

Hi,

Funnily enough I have also just discovered MIDI Commander but have only tried out the basics which work well.

I like the look of your template which looks a lot more complete than my quick and dirty test.
Are you able to share it?

EDIT: Just found out how to save/load templates and have also updated my template.

Posted Image

Jez

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: MIDI, Android

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users