• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bribri

bribri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:44 PM

Can anyone tell me if the luthier kit electronics are the same as what's in the AT-200 (minus the encoders of course)?
Does the kit work or sound better than the stock electronics in the AT-200?
And if I buy a luthier kit to transplant into a project guitar can i unauthorize my AT-200 and move over the complete pack to my project guitar or do I have to buy the whole pack again?

Thanks,

Bri

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 22 August 2017 - 05:28 PM

View Postbribri, on 22 August 2017 - 03:44 PM, said:

Can anyone tell me if the luthier kit electronics are the same as what's in the AT-200 (minus the encoders of course)?
Does the kit work or sound better than the stock electronics in the AT-200?
And if I buy a luthier kit to transplant into a project guitar can i unauthorize my AT-200 and move over the complete pack to my project guitar or do I have to buy the whole pack again?

Thanks,

Bri

The electronics are different.  The ATG Kit does use the ATG DSP 4 board designed for magnetic hex pickups.  The AT-200 uses the ATG DSP 3 board.
The components used to build the ATG DSP 4 board are of the highest quality and this is reflected in the sound quality.

The ATG Luthier Kit does come stock with the Complete Pack.

#3 bribri

bribri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 August 2017 - 12:36 PM

Thanks for the reply Henrik,

One other question:
The ATG kit vs the ATG-1. I know the ATG-1 is designed for a GR or ghost pickup, but pickups aside, which system has better sound?

Best,
Bri

#4 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 28 August 2017 - 06:03 PM

View Postbribri, on 27 August 2017 - 12:36 PM, said:

Thanks for the reply Henrik,

One other question:
The ATG kit vs the ATG-1. I know the ATG-1 is designed for a GR or ghost pickup, but pickups aside, which system has better sound?

Best,
Bri

The ATG-1 and the ATG Kit, should essentially sound the same.  Same software and pickup modelling.  You may get slightly different results depending on what guitar/electronics are used.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users