Jump to content


3-way switch 5-way switch


  • Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Den.

Den.

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 01:25 AM

I have an AT-200. When configuring  presets using the settings manager I see reference to "pickup select" in the Preset Editor. It leads me to this question; when the preset is configured using the "Calif. Single Coil" (Strat) guitar model how can I access switch positions 2 and 4 of a Strat? My AT-200 has a 3-way switch. Is there an optional replacement switch?

#2 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:36 PM

View PostDen., on 24 September 2017 - 01:25 AM, said:

I have an AT-200. When configuring  presets using the settings manager I see reference to "pickup select" in the Preset Editor. It leads me to this question; when the preset is configured using the "Calif. Single Coil" (Strat) guitar model how can I access switch positions 2 and 4 of a Strat? My AT-200 has a 3-way switch. Is there an optional replacement switch?

You cannot access these pickup positions from the pickup selector on your AT-200.  The way to get these positions is by programming a preset (with either 2nd or 4th position) and recalling this preset on the guitar.  The pickup selection in the preset will automatically overwrite the position of the physical pickup selector until you move the pickup selector again.  You can also use MIDI CC messages from an external MIDI controller to change the pickup selector, which will let you access all 5 positions.

#3 Den.

Den.

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 09:16 PM

View PostHenrik, on 25 September 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

You cannot access these pickup positions from the pickup selector on your AT-200.  The way to get these positions is by programming a preset (with either 2nd or 4th position) and recalling this preset on the guitar.  The pickup selection in the preset will automatically overwrite the position of the physical pickup selector until you move the pickup selector again.  You can also use MIDI CC messages from an external MIDI controller to change the pickup selector, which will let you access all 5 positions.
Well, I connected my guitar to the computer and started the settings manager. One at a time I sent the info from the bank/slot of the two "Strat" memories that I use to the preset editor. Then, in the editor, I edited each of the two "Strat" presets so that the pickup selection would be "bridge and middle". Then I loaded the info from the editor back into the correct memory slot/bank and then activated it to the guitar.
It didn't work, no change. Do you have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

#4 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 26 September 2017 - 05:15 PM

View PostDen., on 25 September 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

Well, I connected my guitar to the computer and started the settings manager. One at a time I sent the info from the bank/slot of the two "Strat" memories that I use to the preset editor. Then, in the editor, I edited each of the two "Strat" presets so that the pickup selection would be "bridge and middle". Then I loaded the info from the editor back into the correct memory slot/bank and then activated it to the guitar.
It didn't work, no change. Do you have an idea what I might be doing wrong?

Hi Den.,

You are not doing anything wrong.  I apologize for giving you the incorrect information.  When loading a preset, the physical pickup selector position does matter.  This means that you cannot load the middle positions (2 & 4) just by loading a preset.  The only way to do it on an AT-200 is by using an external MIDI controller (MIDI pedal, iPad w) MIDI Designer Pro, etc.).

Sorry again for giving you the incorrect information.

#5 Den.

Den.

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 28 September 2017 - 03:07 AM

View PostHenrik, on 26 September 2017 - 05:15 PM, said:

You are not doing anything wrong.  I apologize for giving you the incorrect information.  When loading a preset, the physical pickup selector position does matter.  This means that you cannot load the middle positions (2 & 4) just by loading a preset.  The only way to do it on an AT-200 is by using an external MIDI controller (MIDI pedal, iPad w) MIDI Designer Pro, etc.).

Thanks for trying.  Den




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users