4 replies to this topic

#1 Den.

Den.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 September 2017 - 04:13 PM

Hi...
I have just discovered that I get no signal when playing notes on the 24th fret of my AT-200. The problem is only on the 24th fret, all six strings, but only when the pickup selector switch is in the UP position (neck pickup). The problem is evident on all pickup models. Any clues as to what I could try?

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 02 October 2017 - 05:54 PM

View PostDen., on 30 September 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Hi...
I have just discovered that I get no signal when playing notes on the 24th fret of my AT-200. The problem is only on the 24th fret, all six strings, but only when the pickup selector switch is in the UP position (neck pickup). The problem is evident on all pickup models. Any clues as to what I could try?

Has this always been an issue?  Is it just a volume drop compared to the other frets (23, 22, etc.), or is it completely quiet?  Does this happen when you are using a clean sound and/or distorted?

#3 Den.

Den.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2017 - 08:32 PM

View PostHenrik, on 02 October 2017 - 05:54 PM, said:

Has this always been an issue?  Is it just a volume drop compared to the other frets (23, 22, etc.), or is it completely quiet?  Does this happen when you are using a clean sound and/or distorted?

After further experimentation I will have to modify my diagnosis somewhat. I find that it is a volume drop of about 80-90 percent on the 24th fret on the STRAT pickup model (pickup switch up). But on ALL pickup models when combined with 12 string doubling. But still only with the switch in the up position (neck pickup). I'm using a Peavey Vypyr VIP2 and the problem is evident on all the amp models that I use, clean Twin up to British red channel.

#4 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:52 PM

View PostDen., on 02 October 2017 - 08:32 PM, said:

After further experimentation I will have to modify my diagnosis somewhat. I find that it is a volume drop of about 80-90 percent on the 24th fret on the STRAT pickup model (pickup switch up). But on ALL pickup models when combined with 12 string doubling. But still only with the switch in the up position (neck pickup). I'm using a Peavey Vypyr VIP2 and the problem is evident on all the amp models that I use, clean Twin up to British red channel.

This is indeed something I have not heard reported previously.  Is there a way for you to send some audio samples of this most peculiar issue to ATG support.  Here is the link: http://support.antar...ort/tickets/new
Please be sure to select "Auto-Tune for Guitar Support" from the "Type" drop down menu.

It might also be worth reaching out to Peavey's support about this to see if they have encountered this issue with the AT-200 and the Vypyr.

#5 Den.

Den.

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 06:37 PM

View PostHenrik, on 04 October 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

This is indeed something I have not heard reported previously.  Is there a way for you to send some audio samples of this most peculiar issue to ATG support.  Here is the link: http://support.antar...ort/tickets/new
Please be sure to select "Auto-Tune for Guitar Support" from the "Type" drop down menu.

It might also be worth reaching out to Peavey's support about this to see if they have encountered this issue with the AT-200 and the Vypyr.

I'll see if I can get some audio samples to you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users