• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JonnyJ

JonnyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 January 2014 - 08:21 AM

Hello all I am attempting to make my own custom turnings for each individual string.  I have the the Complete Pack and I've been attempting to create individual pitches for each string. as an example one of them is Robert Fripp's New Standard Tuning but I don't think you can alter the strings in such a way like you can with the MIDI and VG guitars of the past? At least when trying to create the New Standard Tuning I have not been able to pitch the G up to A and the B up to an E and the E up to G for the last part. The low E and A can be tuned to their respective pitches. My guess is that it can't be done with the Software/AT-200 in it's current state? The alternate turnings with the packs are only customizable to a point?

Everybody Keep Working It B)

-JJ

#2 ATG User

ATG User

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 02:40 AM

You are correct.  You can't do custom tunings.  However, you can usually fake what you want.  You just can't save it.

You can fake the Fripp tuning by doing these 3 steps, it will take about 10 seconds:

Use Fret Control to do two things:
1) First, change the tuning to Double Drop D
2) Then, use Fret Control to Capo UP 5 steps.

That gets your highest two strings to the correct pitches.

Now put your fingers like this and do a String Tune:

--0--
  --0--
  --3--
  --5--
  --7--
  --7--

Now you have your Fripp tuning...

#3 JonnyJ

JonnyJ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 07:12 PM

Awesome will check it out today. Thank you so much. :)  Bad weather has kept me away from getting things done. I also need to tune to a Ukelele setting  I'm hoping this will get me there as well. :) .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users