#1 handymansteve

handymansteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 10 July 2014 - 03:47 AM

Hi
I'm having problems with the  volume pot in that i have to  open it up to the 3/4 position before I get any sound in both the passive and active mode!
it was not like this until i loaded the Pro pack software? my only thoughts are that the pot is defective or perhaps when i upgraded to the latest software version i did not delete the previous version its still in the guitar? any ideas out there?
The guitar still works as it should just too abrupt when wanting to control the volume

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 14 July 2014 - 04:18 PM

View Posthandymansteve, on 10 July 2014 - 03:47 AM, said:

Hi
I'm having problems with the  volume pot in that i have to  open it up to the 3/4 position before I get any sound in both the passive and active mode!
it was not like this until i loaded the Pro pack software? my only thoughts are that the pot is defective or perhaps when i upgraded to the latest software version i did not delete the previous version its still in the guitar? any ideas out there?
The guitar still works as it should just too abrupt when wanting to control the volume

Am afraid that this does sound like a faulty/failing volume pot.  This should be covered by Peavey's warranty.

#3 handymansteve

handymansteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:57 AM

Hi Henrik
You spoke to me via email regarding this issue. The pot works sometimes as it should and sometimes it does not. I have ordered a new pot direct from Peavey because my guitar will sit for several weeks in a repair shop before i see it again so decided to order one. I wanted to see if anyone else may have this issue.

I'm wondering if in the start up of the AT220 and software I'm loading improperly for example this evening i turned on the AT200 first put it into active mode then turned on my ipad and loaded the midi designer pro and everything worked properly.It may be just luck  i have noticed that the software and hardware can react strangely sometimes so perhaps if i stick to this sequence it may work properly Thanks for responding

#4 handymansteve

handymansteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 16 July 2014 - 08:25 PM

I hate to answer my own questions but I will put this out there for anyone who may have similar problems. As you can see i have had an issue with the volume pot on my AT 200
Well I have been testing and trying different things to see if in fact it is the pot that is defective. To bring you up to speed: I connect the guitar out jack into  a splitter or ABC box which in turn sends the signals from all my guitars into a Vocalist Pro harmonizer(for voice) so it can produce harmonies from which ever instrument I am playing.
I unhooked the AT 200 from this path and ran it through my guitar amp and the volume pot acted normally in both the active and passive modes.I then hooked it directly into the Vocalist Pro and it worked fine. So the end result is that it does not work via the ABC splitter box. I am not a techie so this is as far as I go,  I am not sure why this only happens when using the splitter box Perhaps someone in the forum can add to this Thanks for taking the time to read.

#5 Stevey

Stevey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:03 AM

Im having the same problem also with the volume pot actually.

It has to be at full or almost full to get any volume from guitar. When I turn it down a little the volume decreases fully, near silent.

I'm controlling my output volume form my keyboard as a result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users