27 replies to this topic

#1 jimp1102

jimp1102

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:04 AM

When will the AT-200 Software Feature Packs be made available ? What seems to be the holdup ? Wouldn't it not be adventageous to release them in conjunction with the release of the actual guitar ?

#2 none

none

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 03:13 PM

It would be nice to at least know the price.

#3 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:34 PM

They should be available in a couple of weeks. Prices will be arriving soon.

#4 santiagokid

santiagokid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:18 AM

Any update on the store?  It's been a month now.

#5 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

Very, very soon.

#6 Sharondaer

Sharondaer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

Thanks for the post.
Posted Image

#7 iannoy

iannoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 09:41 AM

how exactly would you define "Very, very soon"???

#8 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

View Postiannoy, on 28 January 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

At this point, somewhere between a few hours and a few days.

#9 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 11:50 PM

View Postvdospec, on 28 January 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

You guys said a couple of weeks in November..not cool..

True, but since then we've added the entirely new Fret Control functionality that lets you access all of the new preset functions directly from the guitar, without the need for any MIDI controller. We hope most users will find that worth the wait.

#10 santiagokid

santiagokid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postmarco, on 28 January 2013 - 11:50 PM, said:

True, but since then we've added the entirely new Fret Control functionality that lets you access all of the new preset functions directly from the guitar, without the need for any MIDI controller. We hope most users will find that worth the wait.

That sounds awesome.  Please keep this moving as many of us have been eagerly waiting to upgrade what is already a very cool guitar.

#11 iannoy

iannoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

View Postiannoy, on 28 January 2013 - 09:41 AM, said:

View Postmarco, on 28 January 2013 - 05:41 PM, said:

At this point, somewhere between a few hours and a few days.

I am going to go out on a limb here and assume we are past the "few hours" point and are now waiting on the few days.
It's been 7 days since my post which here in Canada is what we call "a week".

Should we just say by the end of the year they will be released?? How about at the very least we get an answer on the actual price of the feature packs. Or better yet, how about free upgrade for the folks that registered months ago in hopes of getting them. Please don't let us regret buying these guitars. Antares is a great company with a great track record of support. I myself am I registered Antares software owner/user.  Have been for years which is why I was so eager to pickup the at200 as soon as it became available.
Please do not disappoint us.

#12 Clansfolk

Clansfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationThe Fylde, Lancashire UK

Posted 04 February 2013 - 03:22 PM

Quite happy to be a "Beta Tester" along with a few other supporters of the system on here no doubt :0)
Still plucking after all these years
https://www.facebook...ps/PeaveyAT200/

#13 Clansfolk

Clansfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:06 PM

very sad at the outlandish pricing on these upgrade packs - at those prices I can manage without - poor Peavey think this will be the death knell for what, I think, was a fairly priced instrument with great expansion possibilities :(

:(

#14 iannoy

iannoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:11 PM

I don't even know where to begin.
The Peavey guitar is at best a $250 value based on quality and playability. The only reason one would even purchase it would be for the Antares technology. Which at a total cost of $500 is pretty reasonable. But if you add the cost of a breakout box (which is still not available) or batteries (it eats 8 AA's in one night during typical 3 set gig) Now the price is a little more draining.
If you now add the ridiculous price of the feature packs this is now an absolute horrible purchase decision for a working musician. Why would I spend all that money when I can go out and get a Roland Strat that has all of that and more on a much higher quality instrument. With many of the functions at a touch of a button right on the guitar.

I can't remember the last time I was this disappointed in a company as a Musician. I made the mistake of buying two of these guitars. One for my personal use and one to use at my recording studio. I thought clients would get a kick out of it. These 2 guitars will be out of my possession by the end of the week. I think we have missed the refund window from the shop that we got them from here so we will have to sell privately. Hopefully no one that is interested in one has seen the cost of the feature packs yet.

What a horrible business decision.  

Ps.   I called my engineer and had him remove every piece of Antares software on all of our DAW's at my studio.

#15 iannoy

iannoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:14 PM

By the way..I wonder if anyone at Peavey was aware of the cost that was expected on the feature packs. This will most definitely impact their sales moving forward. I would encourage anyone that is getting rid of their AT200 to visit the Peavey site and let them know why.

www.peavey.com

customerservice@peavey.com

#16 Elvador

Elvador

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationMelbourne Beach, FL

Posted 07 February 2013 - 04:00 PM

I don't get it, Peavey sells the same guitar without the autotune feature for $200.   It seems you are suggesting that the features of the AT200 are only worth $50 since you said it should sell for $250.   $50?  I guarantee that just the hardware involved in the guitar would cost a lot more than $50.   Regular autotune software starts at $100 and there's nothing in there but a $1.50 CD rom!   All of the cost is in the development, plus the guitar has a board in it with an expensive DSP.  Not just that but I looked at what the volume pot with the switch costs on the street, check it out:

http://www.musicians...mbucker-pickups

I use my AT-200 all the time!

#17 Moose

Moose

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 February 2013 - 11:14 PM

I too am disappointed with the pricing of the Software Feature Packs. I think from a pricing standpoint there is a happy medium that would attract the largest number of consumers to purchase the Software Feature Packs. Antares came in higher than that happy medium and will impact sales and alienate those who were given the perception of an "affordable" new tech Guitar with "affordable" software upgrades from all the marketing materials online.  Yes, as a consumer "affordable" was the perception I got when reviewing everything online related to this guitar and technology. Reviewing marketing materials online for the Line 6 JTV-89 Variax I got the perception of "High End", "Quality", "Expensive".  Even got the same perceptions when I tried both guitars in a music store and on top of that the sales person pitched them to me exactly that same way. Product features and pricing should match the perceptions that the marketing end of the business creates.  Now I have to think about what to do next in regards to this AT-200 that I purchased.  I thought "Affordable" for this guitar (I paid $399) and it's related ecosystem and was willing to adopt it and go all in.  With these prices for the Software Feature Packs and what they are composed of, I have to stop and re-think this.

Having said that I have some questions.

1) The Complete Pack has more features than need or want but the few features I do want require me to buy the Complete pack. So, an a la carte option sounds like a logical offering in the future. I can buy a few features that I want or need at a time and pay smaller amounts each time I do this.  I am sure doing this over a couple of years I will end up spending $299 but will slowly and affordably buy exactly what I need / want, especially since over the next few years I am sure there will be new additional features that will be released that I may want. This is better than paying $299 up front and getting a bunch of features you really don't need or want.  Is the "a la carte" option even on the table for discussion as a future offering?
2) If I buy the "Essentials" Pack, what happens if I want to upgrade to the Pro or Complete packs, is there an upgrade path?  Do I have to pay the full price of the Pro or Complete Pack even though I already paid for some of the features in those packs by buying the "Essentials" Pack?
3) Will there be any computer or tablet software in the future that will allow an AT-200 owner to create his or her own custom sounds, tones, and tunings and then download to the guitar? (Similar to the Variax workbench software)

#18 tpworks

tpworks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 03:51 AM

View Postiannoy, on 05 February 2013 - 10:11 PM, said:

I don't even know where to begin.
The Peavey guitar is at best a $250 value based on quality and playability. The only reason one would even purchase it would be for the Antares technology. Which at a total cost of $500 is pretty reasonable. But if you add the cost of a breakout box (which is still not available) or batteries (it eats 8 AA's in one night during typical 3 set gig) Now the price is a little more draining.
If you now add the ridiculous price of the feature packs this is now an absolute horrible purchase decision for a working musician. Why would I spend all that money when I can go out and get a Roland Strat that has all of that and more on a much higher quality instrument. With many of the functions at a touch of a button right on the guitar.

I can't remember the last time I was this disappointed in a company as a Musician. I made the mistake of buying two of these guitars. One for my personal use and one to use at my recording studio. I thought clients would get a kick out of it. These 2 guitars will be out of my possession by the end of the week. I think we have missed the refund window from the shop that we got them from here so we will have to sell privately. Hopefully no one that is interested in one has seen the cost of the feature packs yet.

What a horrible business decision.  

Ps.   I called my engineer and had him remove every piece of Antares software on all of our DAW's at my studio.

View PostElvador, on 07 February 2013 - 04:00 PM, said:

I don't get it, Peavey sells the same guitar without the autotune feature for $200.   It seems you are suggesting that the features of the AT200 are only worth $50 since you said it should sell for $250.   $50?  I guarantee that just the hardware involved in the guitar would cost a lot more than $50.   Regular autotune software starts at $100 and there's nothing in there but a $1.50 CD rom!   All of the cost is in the development, plus the guitar has a board in it with an expensive DSP.  Not just that but I looked at what the volume pot with the switch costs on the street, check it out:

One should fully understand what they are reading before they ramble on.

#19 maxxbass

maxxbass

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:21 PM

From the forum rules:

If you've ever participated in an internet forum before, you're probably already familiar with the sorts of things that are typically listed in "The Rules" as no-nos. Well, pretty much all those things are no-nos here too. And they can all be pretty much summed up in one basic meta-rule:

1. Don't be a jerk. (Not that you would.)

#20 Clansfolk

Clansfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 11:35 AM

Batteries haven't been a problem with me.... as yet haven't tried rechargeable as we buy AA & AAA in bulk for other stage equipment eg transmitters (which we change for each gig whether needed or not for peace of mind) and like changing strings are part of the  "JOB" - certainly get more than the couple of hours a 3 set gig would last :0)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users