Saving Custom Tunings

custom tunings Alternate tunings Alt tunings save tunings you create wierd tunings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 monkeypusher69

monkeypusher69

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 05:52 PM

So in all their advertising for this guitar, they give the impression that you can save any tuning and recall them at a touch of a button. That's only true if you use a tuning you can get to withing their presets. If you were to use string tune to do a custom tuning, you can't save it. Anyone else  thinks this should be a feature? the Line 6 and roland/boss products can do this already why can't any of the auto tune for guitar stuff?

#2 slash4

slash4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 10:24 AM

+1 for this.

I everyday have to "tweak" by using global transpose, to get some Standard D or D drop C#. But because global transpose cannot be set or recalled by preset, it's double manipulation and it can be risky in live situations. The only "safe" way to do it is via MIDI interface.

#3 jbis

jbis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 November 2014 - 03:40 PM

+1 definitely needed

#4 slash4

slash4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Hey, I just realized that you can in fact save "altered" tunings, not by using global transpose which is not saved with presets, but with a virtual capo DOWN, feature that I just discovered yesterday. I only knew about virtual capo UP :) .

So if youre alternate tuning is a transposition of an existing tuning, like a drop D tuned down to a D drop C#, you can indeed save it in a preset.

#5 denarius

denarius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:06 AM

It may be too much to ask for, but I would love to hear an ETA for delivery of this feature (the ability to save custom tunings).

Or, I'd be satisfied with the addition of the tuning I use -- All Fourths (EADGCF) -- to the list of supported alternate tunings.

FWIW, when one of these happens I will buy the product. Until then it is not useful to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users