MIDI implementationMIDI implementation
Posted 28 November 2012 - 03:13 AM
I am guessing by "MIDI", you mean that it can ***control*** MIDI effects/processor continuous controllers and/or change patches on effects modules, but it doesn't actually ***send*** MIDI note information.
1. Does the guitar output MIDI ***notes*** via the 8-pin "MIDI" jack on the guitar? If so, what MIDI channel does it output on? Can this be changed?
2. If the guitar doesn't output MIDI notes via the 8-pin "MIDI" jack on the guitar, does it do so via the standard 5-pin MIDI jack on the AT-200B breakout box?
3. If the guitar is capable of outputting MIDI note information, which channel does it output on? Does it output notes in poly (1 channel per string) or mono mode (all strings output on the same channel)?
4. If the AT-200B breakout box is required to output MIDI notes, is a computer still needed while playing in order to output MIDI notes via the AT-200B 5-pin DIN MIDI jack?
5. Is it possible for the Antares Auto-Tune system to work (in the future) with a tremolo bar?
6. If the AT-200 is professionally modified by a luthier with a tremolo bar or a Floyd Rose locking tremolo system, will the Antares Auto-Tune feature still work and/or work properly?
7. Does the Antares Auto-Tune system determine which notes are being played via the pickups, or is there some other electronic pitch detection/fingering-determing mechanism in play (e.g. circuitry in the bridge)?
Finally, is there a manual available for either the AT-200B breakout box or the software which is used to program the guitar?
Any answers you can provide would be greatly appreciated!
Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:42 AM
The notes are determined using a Digital Signal Processor located inside the guitar. The pickup does not perform any note determination, it only sends the signal to the DSP as far as I know.
I don't know of the Auto Tune for guitar will work correctly with a Tremolo.
The official documentation is here : http://www.peavey.co...00.html#support
Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:11 PM
Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:06 PM
We have tried the Auto-Tune for Guitar technology with a Floyd Rose equipped guitar with great success. The system worked perfectly with all kinds of whammy acrobatics. This guitar did not use piezo pickups in the bridge, but a magnetic hex-pickup (GK-3 style).
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users