3 replies to this topic

#1 slash4

slash4

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 08:34 AM

Hi,

I have a BCF2000 here, so I tried to use it as a MIDI controller for the AT200. It works BUT the BCF2000 uses a MIDI feature called "Running status" that wipes off the status byte when you change a value multiple times in a short time (like, say, when you move a fader or a rotary knob, the value is updated dozen of times per second. The first message has a status byte, and next messages don't, they are only holding the new value).

My guess is that MIDI implementation inside AT200 does not support Running status as only the first movement of the fader or rotary is catched, the following are simply ignored. I already checked BCF2000's manual, and I cannot switch off the feature, so, can AT200 be updated to implement that correctly in a future release ?

(It would be valueable for AT200 as multiple MIDI controllers will have the same behavior)

#2 BobF

BobF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 05:07 PM

I'm glad you posted this.  I've been considering a BCF or BCR for my DAW partly because I would also use it for the AT200.

Now I know what to expect.
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#3 bizjer

bizjer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 01 November 2014 - 12:39 PM

BobF, If you are looking for a midi controller pedal that can control a DAW & the AT200 I can highly recommend the Keith McmIllen softstep. Great device and very flexible.

#4 BobF

BobF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 01 November 2014 - 01:41 PM

Thanks.  I'm actually looking for desktop gear.  I'll likely go with the FaderPort for it's small footprint and use the app provided in the other thread for the AT200, which works quite well.
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: midi, running status

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users