• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark R

Mark R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 10:59 AM

Hi, I just got a new AT-200 & breakout box. There's a mystery MIDI problem I'm trying to isolate..

The first midi message gets through to the guitar ok, but then it gets stuck 9 times out of 10. No further MIDI commands work until I reset the interface (by unplugging the usb lead). And String Tune sometimes stops working until I reset the guitar or midi interface.

By resetting between commands, I've managed to install the complete pack. I can control it with mbk's windows app (awesome, thank you!!) but the same applies - I have to keep resetting.

I'm using a MOTU fastlane midi interface, into Windows 7 (64 bit), with correct drivers, and nothing else in the chain. I've never had any problem with the interface. I'll try & find another interface to test with, but failing that I need to find out if it's the breakout box or guitar that's at fault...

Has anyone else had this problem? Or any suggestions as to how I can diagnose it?

Thanks,
Mark

#2 Mark R

Mark R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:23 PM

Update.. it seems to be the MOTU interface.

I tried using the MIDI out from a Lexicon Omega audio interface. It works with mbk's app. I also tried selecting presets with an old Roland FC-100 pedal, and that works too.

So, the guitar seems fine - it just doesn't like the MOTU interface (which is approved by Antares).

The Lexicon isn't on the approved list, & I haven't tried using Guitar Manager with it.. but whatever works.

Anyone want to buy my old guitar tuner? :)

#3 BobF

BobF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 09:18 PM

Could be something simple like local echo being set.
::
'99 Historic '57 Les Paul Custom Black Beauty - '14 LP Studio Pro - PRS SE ZM - Peavey AT200 - Yamaha A3M - Peavey Milestone Bass
Blackstar HT5RH - Bugera V22 - THR10 - Boss GT-001

#4 Mark R

Mark R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 December 2014 - 10:47 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm not sure where to find a setting like that - sounds like a software feature? The interface has a hardware THRU button, I checked it's off.

For myself, I'm happy using my other MIDI interface. If anyone else is interested though, I could try routing the outgoing MIDI into another application to see what's being sent.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: midi, at-200, problem

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users