• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 claxor

claxor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:57 AM

I'm really interested in the luthier custom installation kit for a guitar I'm working on, and I have a question:

Will it be possible to have all auto-tune controls and functions available on the guitar, and not have to use an ipad or midi controller attached to the guitar via midi cable? For example, pickup type, pickup position, tunings, etc. controlled by knobs and switches on the guitar? Or will we have to use the antares floor pedal to control the guitar functions, if not an ipad?

I'd rather use the 8-pin connection just for software updates and not for controlling the guitar functions.

#2 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 18 December 2012 - 10:01 PM

The luthier kits will include controls for selecting the various functions. No MIDI controller will be necessary (although you can still use one if you want).

#3 claxor

claxor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:25 AM

One more question:

The guitar I'm building has a Graphtech piezo. (which can do piezo/acoustic or midi controlling) I mainly play hard rock and metal, so palm-muting is a critical sound/feel for me. Do you recommend using the Graphtech piezo pickups in my bridge or using the supplied hex pickup that your kit will have?

I have heard that both will work, but regarding palm-muting: one of the them reacts and "feels" more like a regular magnatic pickup.

I appreciate your help and answer!

#4 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 02:18 AM

They'd both work, but if you do a lot of palm muting, we'd probably recommend a magnetic pickup.

#5 claxor

claxor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 10:51 AM

View Postmarco, on 19 December 2012 - 02:18 AM, said:

They'd both work, but if you do a lot of palm muting, we'd probably recommend a magnetic pickup.

I assume you mean using the luthier custom kit paired with a hex pickup and not a standard humbucker pickup, correct?

#6 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:21 PM

View Postclaxor, on 19 December 2012 - 10:51 AM, said:

I assume you mean using the luthier custom kit paired with a hex pickup and not a standard humbucker pickup, correct?
Right. Auto-Tune for Guitar requires a hex pickup (either magnetic or piezo) to function.

#7 claxor

claxor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 12:52 AM

Thank you for explaining.

Have you planned what each of the controls and functions (knobs & switches) on the luthier custom kit will be? For example, one knob for guitar/pickup model, one knob for tunings, one three-way switch for pickup position, one knob for treble boost, etc? (is this a set plan, or something consumers can customize to their needs?)

#8 Sharondaer

Sharondaer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 02:53 AM

The post is very good.
Posted Image

#9 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts

Posted 03 January 2013 - 12:39 AM

View Postclaxor, on 20 December 2012 - 12:52 AM, said:

Have you planned what each of the controls and functions (knobs & switches) on the luthier custom kit will be? For example, one knob for guitar/pickup model, one knob for tunings, one three-way switch for pickup position, one knob for treble boost, etc? (is this a set plan, or something consumers can customize to their needs?)

There will be a certain amount of flexibility. In addition to the basic controls for String Tune, volume, tone and pickup selector, a guitar can optionally have one or two encoders. If two, one is used to select the parameter to be adjusted, while the other selects the specific setting of that parameter. If only one, it will act as a preset selector.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users