3 replies to this topic

#1 melfuller

melfuller

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 11:19 AM

Hi guys
have invested in the whole shebang including Peavey AT200 guitar   +  breakout box  +
complete software pack 3  +   M-audio interface + ipad mini,
however I have found setting up presets a little complicated using the fret control function on the guitar, not being all
that  versed in midi. Can this be done one element at a time, i.e. select pickup type, then select say 12 string, then tuning type, then finally combine all above into one preset and save to the first string position?
As an old style musician who first gigged in the sixties, this new technology is fascinating but mysterious.
These days apart from the odd pub gig every 2 or 3 months I mainly get my musical kicks in my home studio recording my own stuff
and new takes on standard tracks.
I first bought the AT 200 Guitar to ensure that when recording, all my takes were really in tune even if overdubbing days later, and that intonation problems were a thing of the past.
Then I slowly got sucked in to the  possibilities offered for gigging.
To cut a long story short I decided to try out the midi control system for the guitar and having invested in an Ipad mini, got it all loaded up but still have problems figuring it all out.
How do I construct a preset sound and then save it to the guitar?  Probably really simple to you younger computer savvy guys, but to an old F--rt like me its not so obvious.  Is there any manual that I can get that tells me how to do things step by step, you know, midi control of auto tune for dummies style of thing, where it actually doesn't assume any pre knowledge or expertise, and tells me what to do line for line,
i.e.  To change pickup type - press button A and press save to preset position 1 etc.
all through the possibilities to construct a preset sound I can keep coming back to?
Does Antares acually have a manual that would make my life easier re this?  
any help at all would be much appreciated
Regards to all
Mel Fuller

#2 BJMcG

BJMcG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 11 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

You can probably get all your answers at www.autotuneforguitar.com. You can download their manual, which goes into more detail than you'll ever need about the system's design, and also tells how to use fret control and Midi designer Pro.

#3 handymansteve

handymansteve

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Locationcanada

Posted 07 March 2015 - 08:00 PM

have u figured it out yet  u should be able to create
all the patches you want then save them as  preset which are stored o na different page of your midi designer pro application if that is what u are using

#4 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 18 March 2015 - 01:11 AM

Hey melfuller,

handymansteve is correct.  You set up all the parmaters in the main Complete Pack window in MIDI Designer Pro.  Once this is complet, you press the Preset tab at the top of the screen which will take you to the preset save and load page.  Press save on one of the 64 preset buttons to save your setting to this preset number.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users