2 replies to this topic

#1 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 07:55 PM

I'm a new adopter.I bought an AT200 secondhand off feebay, the previous owner did some great modding, he defeated the piezos, and placed a magnetic hex instead.No palm mute issues, no static, the hex pickup through the DSP sounds better than the passive pickups, full sustain.
I've written Henrik, but maybe someone here knows, does the Peavey version  (with updates or otherwise) allow access to the "GLOBAL SCALE LENGTH" settings within?? Eventually I want to gut the guitar and place them in a 24.75 scale LP SG style guitar, my hands work better on them.Until then, I have the most comfortable bass, for $200!!

#2 jbis

jbis

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

There is no global scale length as far as I know. I only use the custom install kits in which you need to specify which system you want based on bridge type. Not sure about the Peavey stuff.

#3 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

The footboard model AT200 allows (has settings) for global-scale-length.I'm just hoping there is something for the Peavey DSP, be it upgrade or whatever.My warranty is already void, the previous owner improved the stock Peavey at200, so what can it hurt putting it in a very nice guitar?But if I can't set the scale length to my liking, it's a bit of a bummer.
You can with the piezos (Henrik said it's automatic as they are the take off point) but a magnetic hex works different within the DSP.Fingers crossed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users