Clansfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationThe Fylde, Lancashire UK

Posted 16 March 2013 - 03:55 PM

latest update:-

barrel adapters arrived today doubled checked latest drivers for MIDISPORT UNO JAVA etc etc etc.....rebooted PC checked correct drivers installed and being used....
connected guitar with fresh batteries connected to website and still unable to connected the guitar to the interface (midi leads reversed etc etc

so far the guitar has now been back to Peavey (and replaced due to carriers damaging it) - the new one has been updated - so that's good :0)They also checked the MIDI interface and Y Adapter which were OK - the suspect Barrel MIDI adapters have been replaced even though they were brand new and still the problem isn't resolved :0(

At least I'm not tempted on a software pack LOL
will keep my eyes open for  non-wired USB MIDI adapter maybe the problem lies is the extending of the leads ?
and trying with different computers (even fought my way to the back of the mainframe to access rear USBs just in case)

Not much stumps me, but this sure has LOL

If anyone out there is using the same set-up as me

MIDISPORT UNO - barrel inline MIDI Extenders - Y Adaptor

Windows 7 - 32bit service Pack One (Plus a couple of laptops with older O/S)
and can see something I/We're missing please feel free to offer advice :0)
At least I have the updated software and the guitar is great (taking it on a Marathon Pub Gig tomorrow for a Paddy's Day Treat LOL

the mystery continues........
Still plucking after all these years
https://www.facebook...ps/PeaveyAT200/

#22 stevec314

stevec314

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 03:49 PM

I had the same problem when I plugged everything in it said that my MIDI controller was not approved although I knew that it was. I tried a different computer running windows 7 and did exactly what Henrik said to do in his list of things to do. I think the problem was in the driver for the MIDI controller. After I updated it, everything worked just great. I will say though that with the new software, the tune sounds a little off. I saw another post on here about that and I think they are right. I am really interested in installing this system into a better playing guitar like a Les Paul or a Strat. Maybe I can find one on Ebay with bad electronics or something.

#23 leads

leads

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 02 November 2013 - 02:34 AM

View Poststevec314, on 01 November 2013 - 03:49 PM, said:

I had the same problem when I plugged everything in it said that my MIDI controller was not approved although I knew that it was. I tried a different computer running windows 7 and did exactly what Henrik said to do in his list of things to do. I think the problem was in the driver for the MIDI controller. After I updated it, everything worked just great. I will say though that with the new software, the tune sounds a little off. I saw another post on here about that and I think they are right. I am really interested in installing this system into a better playing guitar like a Les Paul or a Strat. Maybe I can find one on Ebay with bad electronics or something.
  With Peavey AT200B breakout box, you will not experience this problem....I just updated my at200 in seconds and its easier.....

#24 guichard

guichard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:40 PM

I have the AT200B breakout box with a Midisport 2X2 Anniversary Edition MIDI interface.  I was not able to update until I installed the M-Audio drivers.  I have a rig with multiple MIDI paths including a FW003Rack and Machine interface.  Ended up doing this on a completely separate PC with just the Midisport because the other MIDI interfaces were apparently confusing the software.

Also, a little note that might save confusion for someone in the future .. the LED on the guitar turns off as soon as communication starts so the guitar appears to go off.  I may have missed it but I did not see that noted anywhere.

#25 leads

leads

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 11:20 AM

View Postguichard, on 09 November 2013 - 05:40 PM, said:

I have the AT200B breakout box with a Midisport 2X2 Anniversary Edition MIDI interface.  I was not able to update until I installed the M-Audio drivers.  I have a rig with multiple MIDI paths including a FW003Rack and Machine interface.  Ended up doing this on a completely separate PC with just the Midisport because the other MIDI interfaces were apparently confusing the software.

Also, a little note that might save confusion for someone in the future .. the LED on the guitar turns off as soon as communication starts so the guitar appears to go off.  I may have missed it but I did not see that noted anywhere.
BTW if your using Windows 8 , you might download additional M-audio drivers in M-audio site...my M-audio Uno midi cable is brand new but I downloaded the drivers because im Using Windows 8 OS....ps: Its easy to download and its fast for me to update....Im a satisfied customer...thanks again Antares :D

#26 Sean D.

Sean D.

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 03:18 PM

As a new user of the AT-200 I was having difficulty installing the complete software package I recently purchased. I was originally trying to use my Avid M Box 3 pro midi with the Peavey Y cable and also tried it with the AT-200B box. That didn't allow me to transfer the software into my guitar so I bought a M-Audio Uno. When I connected the M-Audio Uno my computer recognized it as a midi interface so I didn't think I needed to install drivers from M-Audio to use it. That was the primary mistake when trying to transfer software into my AT-200 because although it would show my the AT-200 was connected when I connected it before I installed the drivers from M-Audio, I would get an error message when it tried to transfer the software package. I luckily found this forum and someone mentioned installing the drivers directly from M-Audio, which I did, and then everything ran smoothly from there.

My OS:
Windows 10 Pro

I was about to contact Antares and/or try another midi interface.. and I'm very grateful for this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users