14 replies to this topic

#1 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:22 PM

...so it might as well be me. I'm Marco Alpert, long-time Antares Crew member and resident marketing guy.

Since this is a brand new forum, there's not much content yet, so feel free to introduce yourselves and ask any burning Auto-Tune for Guitar questions you may have.

#2 Guest_dave_*

Guest_dave_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi all,my name is dave from sunny u.k. i think not not,love the sound of auto tune,i use a roland vg99,i hope the antares floor unit works ok with vg99,any info on copatability?

#3 Guest_Robin Venters_*

Guest_Robin Venters_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:22 PM

Robin Venters here retailer in Oklahoma City. Just got 6 AT-200's yesterday.. Beware dear experienced players, as it is quite easy to hear your guitar "acoustically" but think that you are hearing two (often quite dissonant) notes coming from your amp!

Yesterday I was willing to bet my house that I was hearing "leakage". This is specially noticeable when you drop the whole guitar a step, because you are playing seconds which sound very bad... this is assuming that the AT-200 is somewhat close to normal pitch, and tuning  in the old school sense of the word.

Getting a bit more scientific about it, and turning the amp up....no problem, works as advertised.

#4 Guest_Paul Kopco_*

Guest_Paul Kopco_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2012 - 04:29 AM

I'm Paul in Deadwood, SD. I'm interested to see the pricing for the software feature packs. Also, I'm waiting to see the availability of the breakout box -- I can't find it online anywhere.

#5 marco

marco

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 56 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:02 AM

First, thanks to all of you for posting. As it happens, our intent was that one has to register for the forum to post, but we seem to have initially hosed that up, as you were able to post as guests. We've changed that now. Sorry for the inconvenience, but if we don't require registration, we'll be flooded by spam in no time.

I'm interested to see the pricing for the software feature packs. Also, I'm waiting to see the availability of the breakout box -- I can't find it online anywhere.

We're still finalizing the pricing. It will show up on the store in the near future. Since the breakout box is a Peavey product, we really can't say much about its availability until they make a formal announcement, but it'll be a little while yet. In the meantime, for MIDI connectivity, the MIDI Y-cables here will do the job.

Getting a bit more scientific about it, and turning the amp up....no problem, works as advertised.

Yup, that's the secret.

i use a roland vg99,i hope the antares floor unit works ok with vg99,any info on copatability?

What sort of compatibility are you looking for?

#6 Clansfolk

Clansfolk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationThe Fylde, Lancashire UK

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:33 PM

Greetings... awaiting my Peavey AT-200 here in the UK and looking forward to experimenting, especially with alternative tunings..  have set up a FaceBook community/user group for the AT-200 where hopefully  users can shares experiences and help one another.  I have also posted some "Reverse Chords" to help those experimenting with alternate tunings.

Personally I've been playing music since I was seven, play most instruments I can lay my hands on! happy with real and virtual (iPad/iPhone) Instruments, have no aversions to modern technology in music, in fact I embrace it :0)  Sat next to my hand built traditional Melodeon is my Roland FR18 Digital Melodeon. my guitar stand holds my Martin D41, Variax, and Midi Guitar, with a spare holder for their new brother the AT200 :0)

I enjoy "Finding Out", experimenting and sharing new knowledge - which some find surprising from an old "Santa" lookalike :0)

so    "Hi, my names Pete and I'm a Musicholic"  bring it on.............
Still plucking after all these years
https://www.facebook...ps/PeaveyAT200/

#7 Solastobann

Solastobann

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 07:17 AM

Joe, with one foot in Nebraska and the other in Ireland. My guitar is on order and is promised in a week or two. Good to hear that Robin has gotten guitars. Hearing "two" could be overcome by wearing headphones, if you're just practicing, or monitor in-ear plugs otherwise.
The iPad app looks like a good way to control it. I'd like to see a "plumbing" chart.

#8 jimp1102

jimp1102

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey, USA

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:09 AM

Hi All, My name is Jim. I'm from the southern half of New Jersey, USA. I've had my AT-200 since it first became available here and loved every minute of it so far. Even upgraded my amp to a Peavey Vypyr 75. I've been playing for about 20+ years non professionaly. It's just a stress relief for me.

#9 Pokemonroe

Pokemonroe

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hi. My name is Jody. I live in Cana, VA. I am a 42 year old professional musician. I am a multi-instrumentalist and play with a CMA, IBMA  and Grammy Award winning artist based out of Nashville. I also play and record with several other artist. I am very excited about utilizing the auto guitar system on stage in 2013. The convenience of quick tuning, alternate tunings and tone change overs on stage is very exciting and I believe will make my job much easier. I hope that this technology will be made available for electric instruments with 5 or 4 strings as well.

#10 JoaoBraga

JoaoBraga

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:35 PM

Hi, I am joao from portugal. I played  with all roland stuff since the gr-300 and nowadays with vg-99 and gr-55.

On the meantime, I noticed that antares will have a system that allows me to use my own 13 pin guitars to get alternate tunings, guitar and pickup modeling and so I am curious about it.

#11 digtaters

digtaters

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2012 - 10:34 PM

greetings! my name is mitch mulkey and i live in ellijay, ga, usa. i am 55 yrs old and been playing guitar (somewhat) since age 6, at which age i sneaked around and learned to pick "wildwood flower" (my dad ABSOLUTELY forbade me "messing" with his guitar). in high school band i played sax. i also play bass, drums, mandolin, dolbro, flute, keyboards, and do a few vocals. but my "one true love" is guitar.

i had (mid 80's), have (now, my present members are around here somewhere!), will have (surely we will get together again soon) a band named "blue smoke."  there are a few vids of us on youtube (search "mitch mulkey" or "mitch33mulkey")

i just this morning received my peavey at200 guitar. i LOVE it. the neck is so flexible!

i look forward to being a part of this community.
Posted Image

#12 Lucius

Lucius

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 January 2013 - 05:48 PM

Hi all, my name is Lucius.  I'm a nobody who likes to play guitar.  Purchased an AT-200 (black) in the states then brought it back to Canada.  I'm here for some technical support and I'll search the archives to see if my question has already been answered. cheers, Lucius

#13 digeratti

digeratti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 April 2013 - 05:09 PM

Hi all, my name is Marty (aka digerati). I first took beginning guitar lessons in 1966 but stopped shortly after a year. I've owned many acoustic guitars (Guild, Taylor, Fender) but never before spent the time to become a proficient guitar player. This past November I purchased an acoustic and have been practicing several hours a day (relaxing and having lots of fun). In February, I purchased my first ever electric guitar ... a $200 iOS Apple/Fender Squier Stratocaster and a $100 Fender Mustang I amplifier. With the new electric setup, I've been using GarageBand to record my progress. My Peavey AT-200 should arrive this week! I look forward to being able to play in-tune on an electric! I'm also looking forward to all of the modeled guitar sounds. I care more for the future than I do about the past. I believe that the new technology that is in both of these guitars is the start of a revolution in music! It's still wild west, early days but as Will Rogers said, "it's a lot easier to let the cat out of the bag than it is to put it back." so, now that these guitars are real, there will be no stopping them! It's always exciting to be in at the beginning of a revolution! This one will be fun. See you, there.

#14 music-to-my-ears

music-to-my-ears

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

Steve here - from Toronto area.  Started playing guitar about 35 years ago, and took a LONG hiatus after college (life, marriage, kids, etc).  Returned to it about 5 years ago with a passion (and a budget that I somehow keep exceeding), and also started working on my vocals as well, so I play primarily rhythm now.  I don't have anything custom or collector-worthy, but I traded in a Fender Squire I had been playing on for a year or two, towards my AT-200 and I haven't looked back.  I love the playability of this guitar.  I can only assume that my acoustic guitars are getting lonely and jealous just hanging on the wall, wondering what they did wrong.  Tuning a guitar has never been an issue for me, but I have to admit I DO prefer to have solid intonation all over the fretboard, and when going out of the house in winter to jam, I'm tuned in one strum while the other guys are plucking and plinking for another 5-10 minutes while their instruments warm up.  One of these guitars combined with a multi-fx pedal is an awesome combination not to be trifled with, and as a vocalist, the virtual capo means I can play my favorite easy chords in any key for songs... it's almost unethical :)

#15 Stevey

Stevey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:00 AM

Hey another Steve here. Another nobody who is learning to play guitar! Age 30. I got the AT-200 recently, it's my first electric though I have had a couple of acoustics in the past for a spell.

I think the system has potential but also has some obvious bugs as sold, so I am stuck now at having to buy more hardware to update the software phase!

I'm here for support and to offer my input in return so, ciao for now and peace...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users