• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aombk

aombk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 01:43 PM

i am wondering, why there is so little information about this possibly great system.
the system looks really interesting.

i have two questions before i buy:

1. what is the weight of the guitar?

2. can it function as a midi guitar? does it recognize notes played and send them on midi out?
i mean,can it function like the roland pickups?

if it doesnt, it should, right? i dont know much about these things but all the hardware is there, isnt it?

is something like that planned?

thanks

#2 Mark R

Mark R

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:59 PM

View Postaombk, on 03 August 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

1. what is the weight of the guitar?

Very light, and well balanced. The fingerboard feels good, I find it easy to play.

The 2 humbuckers are ok, but take up a lot of space, and are only used when the auto-tune system is off.

The electronics aren't great quality, imo. There are odd hums & crackles, possibly due to the taped-on earth wire. I intend to solder mine to see if it improves.

Btw, don't forget to add in the cost of the software! I ended up getting the complete pack and breakout box, and spent way more than I intended.

#3 mgeanaco

mgeanaco

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 04:04 AM

aombk:
All of Mark R's comments are spot on..  
As to your Roland question, it does not send any midi data out.  So you can't use it with a Roland GR 55 or a Boss GP-10..  
I got quite a few good years out of my AT-200. I recently upgraded to Antares ATG-1 floor processor, which is so much easier to use then the AT-200. But to use it you will need either the Roland GK-3 pickup or a guitar with a Roland 13 pin output..  
By the way, it is a really great system, especially  for hackers like me.. I sound so much better than I really am :)

#4 aombk

aombk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 12:06 PM

another question.

what software is installed in this guitar by the factory? the essential pack or even less than that?
what can the guitar do without upgrading to a software pack? just tune itself?

#5 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 24 August 2015 - 04:43 PM

View Postaombk, on 21 August 2015 - 12:06 PM, said:

another question.

what software is installed in this guitar by the factory? the essential pack or even less than that?
what can the guitar do without upgrading to a software pack? just tune itself?

Hello aombk,

The Peavey AT-200 ships with stock software that includes String Tune and Solid Tune.  The model in the stock software is the Modern Humbucker.
No Software Feature Pack is included with the AT-200.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users