• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 aombk

aombk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 02:01 PM

i dont know if this system already does that but it would be great if it could function as a midi pickup.
to recognize notes played and send them on midi out. like the roland pickups

it should. i dont know much about these things but all the hardware is there, isnt it?

is something like that planned?

#2 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:38 PM

View Postaombk, on 03 August 2015 - 02:01 PM, said:

i dont know if this system already does that but it would be great if it could function as a midi pickup.
to recognize notes played and send them on midi out. like the roland pickups

it should. i dont know much about these things but all the hardware is there, isnt it?

is something like that planned?
1)It DOES NOT send midi, and in all probability won't be improved in that manner, it is not a midi guitar.
2) The hardware is there, if you are good at soldering it is quite easy to splice into the piezos, or replace them with a mag hex.
3) The simplest workaround to have both is to add a Roland GR-whatever, or a Fishman Tripleplay.Or, don't buy all that stuff, use your guitar, get the AT footboard, and a Roland/Axon/Yamaha hex pickup as an add-on.

#3 aombk

aombk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 August 2015 - 11:51 PM

thanks for your reply.

by "the hardware is there" question i meant the hardware is there in the guitar already in the auto-tune for guitar system. from what i understand the system already uses a hex pickup so it already receives each string note separately. not only that but it also recognizes the pich of the note played (in order to correct/tune it) so it feels simple to me to just output that info through midi.

but maybe its not that simple, or maybe its a patent thing, i dont know.

with peavey at-200 features plus this feature i would buy right now without even testing

#4 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 August 2015 - 01:26 AM

No midi at all, doesn't even behave like a midiconverter, it plays all slides/mutes/chokes, a midi guitar requires near perfect technique, and slides/mutes/chokes will cause horrible sounding glitches.It has a tiny onboard computer, dedicated to the auto-tune, memory.It would take another board to get midi, no software updates would change it, so you basically need another system on top.I will say I'm completely addicted to mine, basses, acoustics, 12 strings, all without the time-suck/flow-killer that tuning can be.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users