Low E string Autotuning acts clunky sometimes. Anyone?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sacco

Sacco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:42 PM

When I play Emaj7 or G7/5- or do some walking bass over the low E string sometimes I hear some glitches on that string.

I just tried everything I could to minimize it, seems like lowering the individual strings volume going from the hex pickup and adjusting the global volume helps cause I would effectively avoid overloading the AD inputs.

In this case I'm also talking about playing a Emaj7 chord as if I'm playing bossa nova (most specifically, first chord in "desafinado") so I'm picking with my nails and I'm not loud at all.

Yet, I hear clunkiness in the E string....is kind of frustrating cause you never know when it comes.

I can understand a low E note has a longer period, so I'm suspecting is a natural problem in the AT software, since you cannot measure the pluck and the pluck oin those notes has a longer period then it gets kinda messed up by the note recognition part of the software, and sometimes it glitches so badly that it sounds like distortion that comes and goes at random intervals.

So that's that....does anyone else experience these glitches on the Low E while playing chords around that area?
AT200 with swapped ATG system with two encoders.

Windows 10 in a powerful desktop PC

#2 Sacco

Sacco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 21 August 2015 - 11:43 PM

Ah...sorry, I posted this in the wrong forum. :S

#3 Sacco

Sacco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 01:13 AM

Must clarify....It happens rarely now after tweaking string height (further separation of A and D, but it still happens)

Is not clear to me what is better against bleeding, if the pickup is closer or further away....I can also imagine the magnetic fields being bigger the further the distance so too high could be bad....conversely, if they are too close (the recommended 1.5mm or less) I can imagine adjacent strings being also close to the nearby pickups and after striking too hard could cause bleeding.

#4 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 03:58 AM

Any possibility you're hearing/feeling a little of the actual strings?

#5 Sacco

Sacco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 11:12 AM

no, that doesn't happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users