• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 peanutismint

peanutismint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:08 PM

Oh wow! Yeah I want that too :-) And maybe a resonator too...?! A guy can dream.

Seriously, though, if the likes of Variax can pull off resonator/banjo sounds, surely Antares can do it too??

#22 Sacco

Sacco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:24 PM

That guitar, in the hands of Django Reinhardt actually put the guitars upfront again, they were considered too quiet for live acts. Certainly not the one for Jazz...that was the job of the Banjo until then. :)

https://www.youtube....h?v=w6sUeKYMED8
AT200 with swapped ATG system with two encoders.

Windows 10 in a powerful desktop PC

#23 Sacco

Sacco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:28 PM

dang! the dobro in the variax sounds quite good.

https://youtu.be/pLgeYpgRM-M?t=142

#24 peanutismint

peanutismint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:32 PM

I know, right?!!! The Variax sounds are incredible, and I don't know whether there's an air of "Well of course they are, Variax guitars/systems are a lot more expensive than these cheap Peavey Antares things...." but I for one would LOVE to see a similar calibre of sounds coming out of my Peavey AT-200 if the technology/capabilities were there....

#25 Sacco

Sacco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:38 PM

That's why I'm so curious about comparing, I have the full ATG in my AT-200 as you can see in my signature area.

I didn't upgrade to the full AT-200...I rather spared the money and put it into a full ATG luthier kit.

I'm very pleased with the sound of the system, I have guitars with VIntage and Modern HB's (exactly the same type) and also one Red Special replica which has good single coils and I can tell the sound is pretty one-to-one

But I'm still curious if the AT-200 board with the full pack can sound as good. So...can you record the examples please? :D Otherwise I cannot tell you if the AT-200 is good or not.

#26 peanutismint

peanutismint

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:04 PM

Ah I see! Ok, I'll definitely try to get you some recordings then. I'm gonna have a play around with changing the sounds via MIDI from my iPad in a bit, so will hopefully get some samples then.

I wanted to get the ATG-6 kit into one of my existing guitars ever since it was announced, but then once I saw that the same tech (I Think?) was available in a ~£200 guitar, I just decided to buy a new one, and I'm loving it so far. The acoustic sims especially are better than I was expecting.

Personally my ears aren't that well trained to be able to discern the differences between pickup types...! I know that single coils have a much lighter more 'twangy' sound, and seem to 'break up' really nicely to crunchy overdrive when played loud, and that humbuckers are a bit 'fuller', but apart from that, I just pick the one that sounds nicest for whatever I'm playing. If you know of any tutorial videos showing the differences in sound between the different types, let me know.

#27 Sacco

Sacco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:19 PM

Well with pickups is just as you said. Is just a matter of taste, is not such rocket science. :D

We all know how a Strat or an LP or a Tele sounds.

I definitely love the Acoustic models on this one. Antares is also proud of that as stated in the manual. That's exactly why we users think the system can deliver much more.

Dreaming is dreaming....right? I dream Antares opens the system so everybody can make their own models and tweak/mod the system at will....ho...ho...ho I bet that will attracts a lot of people into buying the product.

For now...I just dream they put dropdown menus to select your MIDI interface in both the website and the preset manager cause disabling +10 MIDI devices in my PC is getting tiresome :D :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users