Jump to content


Feature ideas for ATG-1

MIDI Program Change Messages Multiple Guitar Configuration

  • Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 bfraik

bfraik

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2015 - 05:21 AM

I would like to know if it would be possible for the ATG-1 to send MIDI Program Changes messages that could be assigned to presets?  I would like to have the ATG-1 configure my MIDI control-able amp to a different "patch" when I select a specific preset on the ATG-1. I think it makes sense for the ATG-1 to be the device sending control messages as it will always be upstream of the amp.  With this feature I could eliminate my amp floor controller and stop worrying if my presents between amp and ATG-1 are in-sync.

Secondly, I would like to see the ability to save a few different guitar configurations in the ATG-1.  I have 4 guitars with 13 pin outputs.  2 have Roland pickups and the other 2 have piezo pickups.  Currently have to mess around with levels and scale adjustments going between guitars.  Really slow to do this.

The current capabilities of the ATG-1 are great! Has really changed the way I think about my instrument. Playing in-tune is really addictive.  Alt tunings are opening up a whole new world.  Modeled sounds are not exaggerated and incredibly usable.

Thanks.

#2 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 342 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:11 PM

View Postbfraik, on 23 September 2015 - 05:21 AM, said:

I would like to know if it would be possible for the ATG-1 to send MIDI Program Changes messages that could be assigned to presets?  I would like to have the ATG-1 configure my MIDI control-able amp to a different "patch" when I select a specific preset on the ATG-1. I think it makes sense for the ATG-1 to be the device sending control messages as it will always be upstream of the amp.  With this feature I could eliminate my amp floor controller and stop worrying if my presents between amp and ATG-1 are in-sync.

Secondly, I would like to see the ability to save a few different guitar configurations in the ATG-1.  I have 4 guitars with 13 pin outputs.  2 have Roland pickups and the other 2 have piezo pickups.  Currently have to mess around with levels and scale adjustments going between guitars.  Really slow to do this.

The current capabilities of the ATG-1 are great! Has really changed the way I think about my instrument. Playing in-tune is really addictive.  Alt tunings are opening up a whole new world.  Modeled sounds are not exaggerated and incredibly usable.

Thanks.

Hello bfraik,

Both of your requests (MIDI Program change out and different guitar configurations for multiple guitars) are being implemented in the next software/firmware update.  Thank you!

#3 bfraik

bfraik

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 October 2015 - 05:28 PM

Fantastic!  Looking forward to the update.

#4 larryodneal

larryodneal

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 01 February 2016 - 11:09 PM

I started using my ATG-1 about 8 months ago and absolutely love it!  But I also really miss my Roland GR-55, mainly for its great amp sounds and the ability to occasionally add a keyboard or synth sound..  The Line 6 HD500 I bought at the same time I got the ATG-1 doesn't quite cut it. I know that someone else inquired into this, but I would REALLY love to be able to use the Roland again, WITH the ATG-1.  Isn't there a way to get the 6 individual outputs of the GK-3 pickup passed through, out of the existing 13-pin output or pass-through jack?  And if not, why is that jack even there?  I know this can't be added to my current pedal but maybe on the next version?

#5 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 342 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:32 PM

View Postlarryodneal, on 01 February 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

I started using my ATG-1 about 8 months ago and absolutely love it!  But I also really miss my Roland GR-55, mainly for its great amp sounds and the ability to occasionally add a keyboard or synth sound..  The Line 6 HD500 I bought at the same time I got the ATG-1 doesn't quite cut it. I know that someone else inquired into this, but I would REALLY love to be able to use the Roland again, WITH the ATG-1.  Isn't there a way to get the 6 individual outputs of the GK-3 pickup passed through, out of the existing 13-pin output or pass-through jack?  And if not, why is that jack even there?  I know this can't be added to my current pedal but maybe on the next version?

The 13-pin out does pass the 13-pin signal through to the GR-55 (or other 13-pin device) if connected with an additional 13-pin cable.

#6 RichardJ

RichardJ

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:16 AM

Will you be looking at the capability to pass to retuned signal to the 13pin output rather than just as a pass through. I would like to use the GR-55 or GR-D etc with the alternative tunings. If it is just a pass through it limits the use of the other devices and thus limits the point of this technology.

Thanks.

#7 larryodneal

larryodneal

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationDenver

Posted 15 November 2016 - 07:06 AM

Need to bump this idea. What good is a simple "pass-through" of the unaltered signal?  We need to pass the ALTERED, autotuned signal to another 13-pin device like the Roland GR-55. It can't be that hard, can it?

#8 Henrik

Henrik

    Antares Crew Member

  • Administrators
  • 342 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 01 December 2016 - 06:26 PM

View Postlarryodneal, on 15 November 2016 - 07:06 AM, said:

Need to bump this idea. What good is a simple "pass-through" of the unaltered signal?  We need to pass the ALTERED, autotuned signal to another 13-pin device like the Roland GR-55. It can't be that hard, can it?

Actually, it is harder than it may seem.  This would mean adding six additional D/A (Digital to Analog) converters to the ATG-1, which, I am sure you can guess, is not going to be cheap.




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users