• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 GumbyAZ

GumbyAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

I just received my ATG-1 today. I have an older Fender "FAT" strat that was retrofitted with a Roland GK-2A pickup.
I used it with a Roland Guitar Synth. It is a 13-pin type interface. Will this work with the ATG-1? I see references to using
newer GK-3 pickups. Also, do I select "piezo" or "magnetic" with the GK-2A?

Attached Files

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 10 November 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostGumbyAZ, on 10 November 2015 - 09:21 PM, said:

I just received my ATG-1 today. I have an older Fender "FAT" strat that was retrofitted with a Roland GK-2A pickup.
I used it with a Roland Guitar Synth. It is a 13-pin type interface. Will this work with the ATG-1? I see references to using
newer GK-3 pickups. Also, do I select "piezo" or "magnetic" with the GK-2A?

Hello GumbyAZ,

Yes, the GK-2A should work just fine with your ATG-1.  You would select "Magnetic," enter the scale length (in millimeters) and each offset for all the individual strings.  Please see the Quick Start Guide provided with your ATG-1 for more details on how to do this setup in your ATG-1.

#3 GumbyAZ

GumbyAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 11 November 2015 - 02:50 AM

Thank you. :) You are correct. I'm getting output from the ATG-1. I will follow the Quick Start Guide as per your suggestion.
I will update with status tomorrow.

#4 GumbyAZ

GumbyAZ

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 02:22 AM

Update - ATG-1 is working great with my guitar. I selected "magnetic" pickups and input parameters per the user manual.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users