#1 scsibear

scsibear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hi Guys
I'm wondering if you would be making a bridge like the AT 200 one that contains the driver as opposed to fitting a GK like plastic one. In the past i had the Roland Guitar Synth with the GK2 pickup driver and it was very poor IMHO at the tracking but worse it just looked so ugly stuck on the body. I personally think if the bridge itself like the one on the AT 200 was part of the kit it would be fantastic.
I do have a few spare necks & bodies lying around here that i'd like to fit with the kit but it's the thought of the ugliness of one of these stuck to the body that really puts me off the idea.
regards
scsibear

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 14 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

The initial run of the OEM/Lutherie kits will be using a hexaphonic mag pickup (GK Style), however we are also looking into the possibilities of using piezo pickups in the bridge (like the AT-200).  One of the most important factors for the Auto-Tune for Guitar technology to work the best is channel separation between the strings.  From testing lots of different pickups, we have found that hexaphonic mag pickups do offer better channel separation than piezo pickups.  We do obviously realize that piezo pickup do have a more pleasing "look" on the guitar once installed.

#3 scsibear

scsibear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:55 PM

Yes,  Interestingly enough i was just looking at Graphtechs Ghost range of piezo style pups and for the guitar types that i have both the floyd rose style and the Tune o matic would be ideal, whether these could be incorporated into the autotune system though i have no idea (also the floating bridge may be another hurdle to overcome, though as you seem to have the string bending sorted out perhaps this would not be an issue at all ?)
I signed up for your E-news Letter so as you develop your own piezo pup ideas hopefully I will get the info as it becomes available.
regards
scsibear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users