5 replies to this topic

#1 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:29 PM

I'm in the process of pulling the guts from my Peavey AT200 to make a poor-man's ATG.Are the options for changing scale lengths for different guitars within the AT200's board/software, as the ATG floorboard has?

#2 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts
  • LocationThe sprawling Antares megacenter

Posted 20 November 2015 - 06:55 PM

View Posttrevor, on 20 November 2015 - 06:29 PM, said:

I'm in the process of pulling the guts from my Peavey AT200 to make a poor-man's ATG.Are the options for changing scale lengths for different guitars within the AT200's board/software, as the ATG floorboard has?

Piezo pickups do not need to be adjusted for the string length of the instrument as there is no offset between the string's break over point and the piezo.  The piezo is the break over point.

#3 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 08:38 PM

I guess I should've specified, I'm one who has converted the AT200 to mag pickups, and would like the ability to change scale lengths, for my different hex equipped guitars of other scale lengths.

#4 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

View Posttrevor, on 20 November 2015 - 08:38 PM, said:

I guess I should've specified, I'm one who has converted the AT200 to mag pickups, and would like the ability to change scale lengths, for my different hex equipped guitars of other scale lengths.

Are you using the stock Peavey electronics in your AT-200 along with a magnetic hexpickup? If so, then there is no way to set the scale length/pickup offset.  You would be much better off using piezo pickups for several reasons.  Main reason that the AT-200 DSP3 board is configured for use with piezos only and not a hexaphonic magnetic pickup.

#5 trevor

trevor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 10:28 PM

View PostHenrik, on 25 November 2015 - 05:41 PM, said:

Are you using the stock Peavey electronics in your AT-200 along with a magnetic hexpickup? If so, then there is no way to set the scale length/pickup offset.  You would be much better off using piezo pickups for several reasons.  Main reason that the AT-200 DSP3 board is configured for use with piezos only and not a hexaphonic magnetic pickup.
I'm only using a magnetic, hex pickup (picture enclosed)Attached File  hex.gif   94.51K   13 downloads, NO piezos.I know it's only supposed to work with piezos, I bought it secondhand off ebay modified, it works great.

So again, will the guitar-manager change the scale length setting within the Peavey AT200, if not, is there a way of getting at those setting via midi?I have a Midi-Mitigator and can access hexadecimal mode.

#6 Henrik

Henrik

Antares Crew Member

• Administrators
  • 344 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 10:52 PM

View Posttrevor, on 25 November 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

I'm only using a magnetic, hex pickup (picture enclosed)Attachment hex.gif, NO piezos.I know it's only supposed to work with piezos, I bought it secondhand off ebay modified, it works great.

So again, will the guitar-manager change the scale length setting within the Peavey AT200, if not, is there a way of getting at those setting via midi?I have a Midi-Mitigator and can access hexadecimal mode.

Yes, you would actually be able to use the ATG Settings Manager's Global section to enter these values.  Having said that, we can't offer support should this fail.  If this works for you, then great.  It is very likely you will encounter some odd frequency response from the system as the DSP board is not set up for a magnetic hex pickup.  It is also likely you will come across some artifact in the sound from the lack of channel separation in these type of hex pickups. We did test "a few" hex pickups prior to releasing the ATG Custom kit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users